Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you keep your pistol close to your chest, you are using all muscle groups. Everyone should be racking a slide like that.

Yes, it could be done that way. I was just trying to improve it. I hate to see someone trying to rack the slide in a hurry. Again, I was trying to see if we can do something to make it easier.
    Thanks again to all.
    Don't be scared be prepared!

If guns were outlaw only outlaws will have guns - NRA

Nothing happens until it happens!

Si vis pacem para bellum

I don’t understand in a hurry? The way most of us rack a slide is over the top, it works all the time and also flows with reloads....

Chad "in a hurry" means if somebody is shooting at you and you have a malfunction. The effort that you have to make to rack this pistol is completely different than to rack any other. It takes more time.

Si vis pacem para bellum

1) Use the push pull method
    2) Put 3-500 rounds through it
    3) Spend time wracking it while watching TV
    4) Get stronger so the ability to wrack it is always there

Or get rid of it for something different. I will never attempt to tune a gun to compensate for my lack of ability.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Greg: I hope you are never a part of a jury:

1) I never said I cannot do it
    2) I was talking of the amount of force necessary to do it
    3) If you cannot improve a pistol you should not be teaching
    4) You should read, before you get to that kind of conclusion
    5) End of the story. I AM NOT GOING TO START A DISCUSSION WITH YOU.

Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by BERETTATIGER View Post
    Greg: I hope you are never a part of a jury: I have been and this is a completely irrelevant statement

1) I never said I cannot do it Where did I say you couldn't?

2) I was talking of the amount of force necessary to do it So am I, I ran into the same problem with my 70's mother and her FN. when it was new it was too tight for her to function properly. I broke it in (as above) until the springs weakened up a bit so she could reliably function the weapon

3) If you cannot improve a pistol you should not be teaching Where exactly did I say you can't improve a pistol? Ever? All factory weapons can be improved, I improve ALL of mine so I can exercise to the limits of my skill level. What I don't do is adjust a scope to account for my poor trigger control or flinch, same with making a trigger so light it's dangerous, and I wouldn't start reducing the power of the recoil springs unless it improved performance without reducing reliability hence why I suggested the break in above. Funny I've been teaching for a very long time and never had a bad review from a student, including all ages, sexes, physical abilities, and severe handicaps.

4) You should read, before you get to that kind of conclusion You should read and ask questions prior to having an emotional outburst and reacting like you were attacked. Working on hand strength (even with injury or illness) is essential in a shooter for both performance and accuracy, try to be as strong as your limitations allow. Mom's guns we found that worked for her were my broken in original Colt Mustang .380 and the other a new FNX full size 9mm (the one that required the break in for her). Sometimes the solutions are outside your thinking.

5) End of the story. I AM NOT GOING TO START A DISCUSSION WITH YOU. Then you're missing out on a resource and having a juvenile emotional reaction where no slight was given. Might want to consider that for a moment.
    Why don't you take the emotional reaction down about 80% there dude. Allow me to illuminate for you a little in BOLD
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 03-28-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Idk, I’m confused with the whole thing. I don’t know why everything has to be so over complicated.....

Greg needs no support, but jeez...

The best tip (besides trading it) is to shoot and cycle the crap out of it to limber it up as much as "it's going to." This is akin to running the action on an 870 all evening while watching TV. After that, if she cannot repeatedly hand cycle it using the push pull method, THEN trade it.

Pretty sure you don't want to change recoil springs on this small gun without really testing the change with carry ammo. You could put a dab of 800 grit lapping compound on the slide as part of your smoothing attempt, but be careful and don't loosen the frame slide fit.