Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Nope
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 04-22-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Gabe wrote:

I know all the counter arguments but I am beginning to think that sloppy gun people with cheap crap guns and cheap ass holsters (if any) are a clearer and more present danger than an ISIS tango.
    Not sure I would agree on that point, Gabe. After all, many (if not most) of the jihadis actually work out and train with their weapons and tactics. Which is more than we can say for most sloppy gun people (or most of the security guards I work with, or cops that I know for that matter). I guess you have a point though, in that there are far more Joe Slop Carries walking around than there are jihadists (at least in America), so by sheer numbers I'm probably at greater risk from being hit by an accidental discharge from some moron who doesn't know his shit than I am from meeting an actual terrorist.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

What's your opinion about trigger guard holsters? Would a striker fired weapon be safe for pocket carry with a quality trigger guard holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    ...with a short trigger, striker fired weapon is a very foolish thing to do? If only people today had the self discipline to read, and the humility to realize that some of us know a thing or two because we have been alive longer than they have and have seen a thing or two

COUNTRY SINGER SHOOTS HIMSELF BY ACCIDENT
    Warrior55

"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."
    -George Orwell

This year will go down in history. For the first time in history a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.
    -Adolph Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior55 View Post
    What's your opinion about trigger guard holsters? Would a striker fired weapon be safe for pocket carry with a quality trigger guard holster?
    You know...at this point, after seeing how poor and unskilled, not to mention embarrassingly unfit, the majority of gun people are, my position is that ANY STRIKER FIRED PISTOL needs to be in a holster, on the belt. The only weapons any sane man would carry without are double action pistols.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Back when I carried a Glock 27 as a primary in pocket holster it was in a $100 pocket holster..... not just shoved in my pocket. That was circa 1996-2000ish. I wore that setup in the top pockets (not cargo) pockets of cargo shorts that I often wore when I was not wearing regular pants. I also specifically would try on any prospective shorts or pants purchases with the holster and pistol and would regularly turn down some possible purchases due to the pockets being too shallow for the gun to be easily accessed/concealed. Of course jeans and a blocky gun like a 26/27/33 is pretty much a universal no go unless they are 3 sizes too big. Eventually though I dropped pocket carry for the primary and went pretty much exclusively to IWB carry and a bigger gun since IWB make barrel length irrelevant to concealment. When I do carry in the pocket now (mostly j frame now as a secondary to my IWB carried primary G17) it is still in a high quality holster and a thorough understanding of muzzle and finger discipline.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 04-15-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Default Carrying a S&W 5904 in a pocket (amazing)

I don't know what you think of CCW Breakaways but I have been using them for about 10 years without any problems. They allow me to carry a full size gun in a front pocket without printing if I choose to do so. Recently I bought a S&W 5904 from a 92 year old man from my church. It is double action for the first round and single action for each additional round. It carries very well - most of the time I can't even tell it is there. This should make the gun safe to carry and allow me to carry 16 rounds of hot 9mm for when I might need it.

By the way, I have trained with you, Gabe, three times if my old memory serves me right (I'll be 69 in June) and with one of your staff instructors although I cannot remember his name. I am very grateful I was fortunate enough to find you as a trainer and a kindred spirit when it comes to all things martial. You are an inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    ...with a short trigger, striker fired weapon is a very foolish thing to do? If only people today had the self discipline to read, and the humility to realize that some of us know a thing or two because we have been alive longer than they have and have seen a thing or two

COUNTRY SINGER SHOOTS HIMSELF BY ACCIDENT
    Warrior55

"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."
    -George Orwell

This year will go down in history. For the first time in history a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.
    -Adolph Hitler, 1935

re the 5904- IME they have a fairly light strike on the firing pin. Most US made carry ammo runs fine, but Euro /IMI 9mm some lots have hard primers and can be problematic in older Smiths
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.

Default S&W 5904

The gun seems to work just fine so far. I only intend to feed it high quality US made ammo so it should continue to function well (I hope). Thanks for the info on the light striking problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    re the 5904- IME they have a fairly light strike on the firing pin. Most US made carry ammo runs fine, but Euro /IMI 9mm some lots have hard primers and can be problematic in older Smiths
    Warrior55

-George Orwell

-Adolph Hitler, 1935

Those open carry goofs with no training carrying cheap guns in cheap nylon holsters are a public image nightmare for responsible gun owners.

People always want to talk about their "rights" and never their "responsibilities".

Fortunately, I don't encounter people like that hardly at all but I know they're out there.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International