Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    That reminded me of a toxic Lt. we had. His name was John Miehle. He was a pathological liar and actually told stories in briefing about things he had done "in his day", which actually other people had done and he liked to the story so much he interjected himself as the hero. We had a bench press creds board in the gym with name plaques for those who had benched 250, 300, 350, 400, 450 and 500. We actually had one guy that pressed 500.

Anyway...one of our tricksters took Miehle's name off the 250 row and placed it in the 500 row, right under a dude named Herman who was a true beast. It wasn't an easy thing...it had to be professionally removed and replaced. Everyone knew Meihle would be hard pressed to push 250 much less 500, so it was a joke with the troops.

Then one day Miehle was in the gym and our friend Eric D casually walked up to the Bench Press Plaque and exclaimed, "Damn LT...I didn't know you'd pressed 500". The motherf*cker didn't deny it, he said, he had done it a few weeks earlier (conveniently in front of his ass-sucking underlings).

It became a joke...about pressing 500...If Miehle can do it...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

And there it is.... LIMOM!

Quote Originally Posted by roll tide View Post
    some of our Evangelical brothers often fall into this category . To be avoided at all
    cost
    Not MY brothers
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Today is a good day. The authors of this thread and Gabe for providing this forum are the reason I'm blessed to be a member of this tribe. Like minded, reality based fellow men who aren't the types discussed here. I'm reminded of an article by one of my favorite authors on just this topic. Today is a very good day.
    http://robertringer.com/saying-goodbye-to-drain-people/

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

From a Stephen King book..."Ninety-five percent of people are pretty much inert - just getting through life. One percent are Saints, and one percent are ***holes. And the other three percent are the people with morals and values who do what they say they will do. These are the people that hold the world together."
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Nice quote - and true.

Interjecting some NON toxic thoughts. I came across this one and thought it appropriate

They died hard, those savage men - like wounded wolves at bay. They were filthy, and they were lousy, and they stunk. And I loved them.

Douglas MacArthur
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

The baseless accuser:

A person who begins every encounter with accusations directed at others (almost always to cover for the baseless accuser’s own shortcomings or transgressions). Some are true, some are not. This creature thrives in organizations where the subject of politics is very important. The accused spend hours proving their innocence, while the accuser never answers for any of it.

Leadership is to blame for the environment where this creature can thrive. The only solution is to move to an organization where this is not tolerated.
    Last edited by SLAG; 05-06-2019 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Grammar

The Pathetic Life-force Vampire
    Once upon a time, you were nice to a person because you felt sorry for them. Maybe they were slow, handicapped, lonely or what have you. You bought them lunch, drove them to church or the store. Maybe you had them over for dinner. Next thing you know, like a lamprey, they were latched on and sucking the emotional life right out of you. Frequent calls. Requests for attention. On and on and on. You tried to maintain some distance but they were so needy that they couldn't stay away. And the only thing that kept you from sending them packing as long as you did was that they had no one else and it took a while to made up your mind about which is worse, a guilty conscience or the continual irritation.
    "Public employee unions are an inherently seditious construct"
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Quote Originally Posted by kabar View Post
    The Pathetic Life-force Vampire
    Once upon a time, you were nice to a person because you felt sorry for them. Maybe they were slow, handicapped, lonely or what have you. You bought them lunch, drove them to church or the store. Maybe you had them over for dinner. Next thing you know, like a lamprey, they were latched on and sucking the emotional life right out of you. Frequent calls. Requests for attention. On and on and on. You tried to maintain some distance but they were so needy that they couldn't stay away. And the only thing that kept you from sending them packing as long as you did was that they had no one else and it took a while to made up your mind about which is worse, a guilty conscience or the continual irritation.

Had a particularly nasty one in the family until XO and I just stopped dealing with her. When we see her at family functions all she gets is a disinterested greeting. Works really well and XO and I are quite happy we stopped cutting family slack.

Removing toxic individuals is like ditching high-carb, takes a bit of getting used to but definitely better for the health.