Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    "The Status Quo"

Never willing to try something new or innovate, because "that's the way we've always done it..."

Grrr, drives me crazy!
    Cranky Old Guy

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Army Jan 73 - Dec 79

"We don't want yellow cowards in this Army. They should be killed off like rats. If not, they will go home after this war and breed more cowards. The brave men will breed more brave men. Kill off the Goddamned cowards and we will have a nation of brave men."

“In case of doubt, attack.”
    ― George S. Patton Jr.

"If the government is the answer, then the question is stupid!"

I am the polar opposite of the complainers.
    When I meet one, I note it & move on. I
    can't stand to be around anyone like that.

My short version of it is this:

I have found that there are some people
    on this planet, who are simply not happy.
    And I have determined that its not my job
    to try to make them that way.

Good topic.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    This is the only way to FIRE such people

Attachment 57584
    ...But how do you keep the sprinklers from going off during the staff meeting?
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    ...But how do you keep the sprinklers from going off during the staff meeting?

You don't........

Related to the Leech are Time Leeches, the ones who walk into your office, drop their fat asses down to chit chat and then get butthurt when you tell them to leave, or close the door in their face as they try to walk in.

Jim Miller
    ISA 6:8

Gabe you have written many good articles, and quite a few of them turned out to be VERY timely. This is one of them. I am RIGHT NOW in the process of vaccinating against these viruses. My thoughts for the last few days have been that it is time for me to identify the poisons in my life and eliminate them, with these thoughts mainly having been focused toward the Life Drainers (I call them the Vampires) and the Hand Wringers, but I'll have to deal with all the categories mentioned. Some of them are in fact family, some of them are work related, but so be it.
    Timely indeed.
    Psalm 139:21,22
    Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Life lesson: Whether on the road, or in the woods, the skunk ALWAYS has the right of way.

The truth is hatred to those who hate truth.

One more as Shield Maiden and I watch previous episodes of Game of Thrones (the new one is coming out in April I believe). I will call these people "The Sparrows". They are religious extremists...really of any faith. They are intolerant of anything outside of their world view,,,but what makes them toxic is that they want you to accept them and their ways as normal and apologize for not being, or believing like them.

The same mentality that made Alcohol against the law is the same mentality that stones women in Arabia for revealing too much leg. The same mentality that would eliminate individual freedom (and that includes the freedom to sin wantonly and gratuitously) and force their vision of things on everyone if they had the power. But lacking that power they will throw out quips and comments and passive-aggressive expressions that they will deny should you ask them.

They are as toxic as the Hand Wringer, the Complainer, and all the others.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The Defeatist.

The type of person that looks at anything regardless of its difficulty and gives up without even trying. Usually their next step is to endlessly bemoan the impossibility of whatever the subject is.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

The "ASK-Hole" ... hey buddy what do you think i should do about X ...

The Ask-hole is related to the time waster because the "ASK-Hole" poses the same question to everyone he meets. The "ASK-Hole" will even will repeat the same question to you every time you meet ... the "ask hole" will never makes a decision about X, Y, or Z ... he just asks EVERYONE about what he should: do about, should buy, should build, should experience etc, never actually making a decision even after hearing multiple matching responses from experienced associates / friends / strangers regarding what ever the "ASK-Hole" is seeking an opinion on...

The answers to said questions just disappear down the never full hole of asking

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNClueless View Post
    The "ASK-Hole" ... hey buddy what do you think i should do about X ...

The Ask-hole is related to the time waster because the "ASK-Hole" poses the same question to everyone he meets. The "ASK-Hole" will even will repeat the same question to you every time you meet ... the "ask hole" will never makes a decision about X, Y, or Z ... he just asks EVERYONE about what he should: do about, should buy, should build, should experience etc, never actually making a decision even after hearing multiple matching responses from experienced associates / friends / strangers regarding what ever the "ASK-Hole" is seeking an opinion on...

The answers to said questions just disappear down the never full hole of asking
    Yes!! This one!! ^^^^

I can’t even count the number of people who have come into my office (and countless others) to ask for advice on something, but then NEVER IMPLEMENTING ANY OF IT.

I really believe that some people have already made up their mind to do nothing about a problem, and are simply seeking validation. Literally had a guy ask me FOUR times about the process for obtaining a CCW, and I finally said, “What do you care? It’s not like you’re going to follow through and actually do it.” He stopped bothering me after that. Shit or get off the pot already.

The Ask-hole and the Time-Leech are closely related.
    "We must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment." -Jim Rohn

There are a few Ask-holes floating around WT.

Another good one is the Unfounded Alarmist.

This type of person sees every little thing as the end of the world and must panic. Sort of like Chicken Little. This type of person doesn't have the ability to aggregate information and screams in terror at every thing.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015