Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    We've had to "fire" family members. Sooner is better.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

355. And a wakeup.

"Distance from Disorder"........
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    "Distance from Disorder"........
    Yuuup, and Amen.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

In any organization run by humans, there are going to be problems.

In any group of people with enough members, the miserable and unhappy and negative and toxic ones will find each other and begin whining and the echo chamber of bulls**t effect will start, and they will begin to drag down the attitude of everybody around them.

The military and the police service are full of people like that. They would whine if they were hung with a new rope.

Last week two new guys (hired on about a year ago) were complaining about work, and some of their complaints were certainly valid and some fell into "every police agency in the history of the world has had those problems" category. It went beyond the normal "blowing off of steam" into just general whining about everything.

I was about to administer an attitude adjustment (I an not a supervisor) but then I remembered that a few months ago one of our female dispatchers had it out with another female dispatcher (well deserved and long overdue in my opinion) and the argument got a little out of control and the result was that HR made them both go to a class on managing conflict in the workplace. They had to go together, and they had to be partners in the group exercises.

I have hated group exercises since I was a kid, and I didn't want HR to make me go to managing conflict in the workplace class, so I managed to NOT tune them up. I discussed the problem with the shift supervisor and the patrol lieutenant instead. I hate going to management about somethin I would rather handle myself, but I was NOT interested in going to managing conflict in the workplace class, either.

There are always things to complain about. Some people thrive on negative energy and they are never happy regardless of what happens. Once you identify them, they are best avoided. "Distance from disorder" is a good rule to live by.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International

We generally say : " (insert department here) is hiring" Very few have found the grass greener elsewhere.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    In any group of people with enough members, the miserable and unhappy and negative and toxic ones will find each other and begin whining and the echo chamber of bulls**t effect will start, and they will begin to drag down the attitude of everybody around them.
    The military and the police service are full of people like that. They would whine if they were hung with a new rope.
    There are always things to complain about. Some people thrive on negative energy and they are never happy regardless of what happens. Once you identify them, they are best avoided. "Distance from disorder" is a good rule to live by.
    Used to be, the hairbags were the guys who had f***ed themselves by their own behavior, had a couple divorces under their belt, had a drinking problem and oh, yeah, had some time on the Job. Now we have instant hairbags, right out of the box.

Well, Seattle is hiring....

From a movie about warriors:

Vin: Gonna take a job in a grocery store. Fella there says I'll make a crackerjack clerk. Crackerjack.

Chris: If that's your taste.
    Last edited by Papa; 06-24-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

355. And a wakeup.

How about,,people just suck,,there is no such a thing as real friends only acquaintances,,and that happiness is little more than an agreeable delusion..Im sure that at 1 time or another we all have fit nicely into one of these aforementioned categories..Thats why I,,,other than God Almighty choose to walk alone,,and ive come to like it that way....
    Last edited by tomsdaname; 06-26-2019 at 01:36 PM.