Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Czech Republic Prime Minister To Present Trump with Commemorative CZ 75 Pistol

The Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Andrej Babiö will present President Trump with a commerative CZ 75 marking Czech independence. Now that's diplomacy I can really appreciate!

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...m_campaign=rss

czub_cz_75_republika_18213a.jpg
    czub_cz_75_republika_18187_upr.jpg
    CZUB_CZ_75_Republika_18218a.jpg
    "Public employee unions are an inherently seditious construct"
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

On the front of the slide is written: ""
    Pravda vitezi"
    I guess that Pravda means truth. Does anyone have a translation for the phrase.
    Pravda vitezi?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

"Truth Prevails."

Heckuva thing for a politician's gift.

Or gun.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 16. And a wakeup.

Well played, Mr. Babis.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Does President Trump get to keep this when he leaves his government service, and if not where does it go?

It is a beautiful piece for sure.

Have any other Presidents been given weapons from other dignitaries?

The Czeck President could have given him something to placate the snowflakes but he did something that he thought would represent Trump. It was a smack in the face to all of the other European leaders.
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by TACC View Post
    Does President Trump get to keep this when he leaves his government service, and if not where does it go?

It is a beautiful piece for sure.

Have any other Presidents been given weapons from other dignitaries?

The Czeck President could have given him something to placate the snowflakes but he did something that he thought would represent Trump. It was a smack in the face to all of the other European leaders.
    Kennedy was given a Colt AR-15, I’m assuming by Colt, but that’s the only one I’ve heard about getting a gun until now. Not sure what the rules are on keeping gifts, ut I believe they have to be under a certain dollar amount, or possibly paid for at FMV in order to be kept. Trump should take the damned thing since he isn’t supposedly taking the $200K salary.

I think swords are common. The Saudi's and various other Arab countries see it as one of their symbols. Even Ubama got one.

The Lafayette / Washington pistols are probably some of the most expensive pistols in the world. Though I don't think he got them before presidency.

Good looking piece tho. He should keep it and mount it on the wall. Or better yet, wear it next time he meets with the Russians kinda like Reagan did. That would send a message.

That's a beauty, quite a gift!

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Kennedy was given a Colt AR-15, Iím assuming by Colt, but thatís the only one Iíve heard about getting a gun until now. Not sure what the rules are on keeping gifts, ut I believe they have to be under a certain dollar amount, or possibly paid for at FMV in order to be kept. Trump should take the damned thing since he isnít supposedly taking the $200K salary.
    Eisenhower got a special 94 winchester.
    Eisenhower National Historic Site. Winchester Model 94, caliber .30/.30, 20" round barrel with gold serial number 2000000. The rifle has presidential seal and inscription noting; "Presented to Dwight D. Eisenhower, President of the United States on his 63rd Birthday by John M. Olin.
    Other presidents did get guns. JFK prior to being president did buy a garand from the old DCM

Back in 1959, the Director of Marksmanship for the CMP was Colonel John K. Lee Jr, a man who very likely would have been made aware that a young upstart senator from Massachusetts had been selected to receive an M1 Garand. That senator was John F. Kennedy. At that time, the DCM was distributing the rifles based on a lottery system, with only several hundred to a thousand being sold in a given year. Many folks would wait years for a random rifle selected from the surplus kept at various depots, but it appears that Kennedyís clout granted him quick access to the very desirable rifles, and a very special one at that.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by TACC View Post

I know Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt were gifted weapons during their tenures. Elvis gave Nixon a Colt .45 when Nixon was in office. My understanding from a previous presidency (can't remember which one) is that the President has to purchase any gift he's wants to keep if it is valued at more $200.