Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    I’d agree that the tactical niche if .22LR is pretty small. But it is there. A 12 inch barrel would likely be nearly as effective as a full length .22 and being quieter, shorter, lighter and legally concealable in a bolt action pistol configuration seems to me to expand its utility and niche rather than contract it
    My thoughts on it is that there are very few things, if any, it will do better than a semi-auto of the same design. The two advantages that I can see are retention of brass and a slightly quieter rapport as the action doesn't move but both can be accomplished by holding the action closed on the semi-auto.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    My thoughts on it is that there are very few things, if any, it will do better than a semi-auto of the same design. The two advantages that I can see are retention of brass and a slightly quieter rapport as the action doesn't move but both can be accomplished by holding the action closed on the semi-auto.
    If the suppressor is a very good one, there is some audible report that can come out of a blow rifle .22 action IIRC. My experience with this was yrs ago observing someone's homemade alteration of a 10/22 that was eventually made good with one of those ATF letters. Perhaps the noise was from too much back pressure, I do not know a lot about the subject. You could still hear the click of the hammer striking when the cartridge was fired if the bolt was held shut.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    If the suppressor is a very good one, there is some audible report that can come out of a blow rifle .22 action IIRC. My experience with this was yrs ago observing someone's homemade alteration of a 10/22 that was eventually made good with one of those ATF letters. Perhaps the noise was from too much back pressure, I do not know a lot about the subject. You could still hear the click of the hammer striking when the cartridge was fired if the bolt was held shut.
    That's why I said hold the action closed when you fire. It retains the brass and prevents the sound of the action reciprocating
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    And thus we see why it's a good idea to hang around with smart guys on WT. Holding the action closed on the Charger never even occurred to me. Excellent tip.

Thanks Greg.

Doc
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Anxiously awaiting the mods on my Charger. I haven't ordered a suppressor yet but will once SIs ideas for this platform start to mature that will be my next step.
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    And thus we see why it's a good idea to hang around with smart guys on WT. Holding the action closed on the Charger never even occurred to me. Excellent tip.

Thanks Greg.

Doc
    It pays to learn from those who have done bad things to bad people
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual