Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I guess your right, I never saw bulk as a problem like I guess some do. Maybe they are bitching because they can’t squeeze into their skinny jeans....

Some of us run and ruck for a living. Being bigger makes you slower. There is kind of a sweet spot for everyone. For me its around 180-185 before conditioning starts to be difficult to maintain. Im FAST at 175, and I notice a big drop in speed and endurance at 185.

The problem is real if youre performance based athlete. Everyone has thier sweet spot between size and performance.

I like to rather do pull ups, push ups, dips and run than weights, I’m a “guajiro” not a body builder and I I’d take the strength of a lumberjack over the strength of body builder any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    Some of us run and ruck for a living. Being bigger makes you slower. There is kind of a sweet spot for everyone. For me its around 180-185 before conditioning starts to be difficult to maintain. Im FAST at 175, and I notice a big drop in speed and endurance at 185.

The problem is real if youre performance based athlete. Everyone has thier sweet spot between size and performance.
    I played an international sport, I understand. My “fighting”weight is at 200 I’m normally around 215 and I’m only 6’. It was a running sport so trust me I understand. I got down to 175 about 10 years ago because I was training for the pan and in Brazil, but I felt weak in every aspect other then field hockey...

Personally; the stronger I got (with the additional muscle to show for it) the easier rucking got. I decided running meant the least to me of everything so as long as I could keep up and do better than “just pass” my PT test I didn’t worry about it. Being stronger was much more of an asset than a 13 minute 2 mile.
    Last edited by callmebubba; 03-11-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Double post deleted
    Last edited by callmebubba; 03-11-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

The problem is real if you're ENDURANCE based athlete. Everyone has thier sweet spot between size and performance.
    There....now it is clearer. Not everyone is endurance based, although...you could say these guys are well conditioned. Hardly the skinny kids.

000f1446-500.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by captain steinbrenner View Post
    I like to rather do pull ups, push ups, dips and run than weights, I’m a “guajiro” not a body builder and I I’d take the strength of a lumberjack over the strength of body builder any day of the week.
    So....a manual laborer will be stronger than a weight lifter? Or "just as strong" without those toxic bulky muscles? Maybe in a marvel comic book.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Personally; the stronger I got (with the additional muscle to show for it) the easier rucking got. I decided running meant the least to me of everything so as long as I could keep up and do better than “just pass” my PT test I didn’t worry about it. Being stronger was much more of an asset than a 13 minute 2 mile.
    I agree with you, but maybe the people that agree with that are getting fewer because it is easier to run than to lift heavy things. In a street fight what will be of greater value...a ten minute mile or a 400 pound deadlift? I wonder.

Or even better...a sub ten second 100 meters...or a sub ten minute mile?

Who will fare better in a fight...and in life I wonder.

runner-vs-sprinter.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

I just read an article on sprinters and their lean muscle mass being exceptional. I'll see if I can dig it up and link it.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I just read an article on sprinters and their lean muscle mass being exceptional. I'll see if I can dig it up and link it.
    Yeah but...those toxic bulky muscles again...after all...who wants that??!!
    Gabriel Suarez