Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Two things.

First, everyone should read Dan Duchaine's books. In the 80s he wrote the underground classic on the subject of steroids. His follow up book a few years later is also worth reading. Iirc the title was simply "steroid handbook" and the second was "steroid handbook 2." While there are new drugs and new knowledge today, the basic understanding is in that thin book. The 80s was the "golden age" of steroid use. It's about 20 pages long and worth your time to find a copy of.

Second, another aspect of "roid rage." Back in the 80s, a lot of people who used performance enhancing drugs (particularly those doing so without medical supervision) were using speed to get a good cut. Speed will get the fat off you, but it has some serious down sides. When a guy on D-bol and meth beats someone to death, pinning it on the D-bol is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    Two things.

First, everyone should read Dan Duchaine's books. In the 80s he wrote the underground classic on the subject of steroids. His follow up book a few years later is also worth reading. Iirc the title was simply "steroid handbook" and the second was "steroid handbook 2." While there are new drugs and new knowledge today, the basic understanding is in that thin book. The 80s was the "golden age" of steroid use. It's about 20 pages long and worth your time to find a copy of.

Second, another aspect of "roid rage." Back in the 80s, a lot of people who used performance enhancing drugs (particularly those doing so without medical supervision) were using speed to get a good cut. Speed will get the fat off you, but it has some serious down sides. When a guy on D-bol and meth beats someone to death, pinning it on the D-bol is silly.
    Or D-Bol and Cocaine...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

So how will this work, practically, for the sof team in the middle of bumfuq afghanistan, living in a half-mudhut-half-tarp held up by poles, with no refrigeration or medical facilities for six to nine months? Just give a bottle of t and a couple needles and rubbing alcohol to a 22 yr old and tally-ho, good chap?

If you want these guys to know how to use them down range, they need to train with it in garrison.

1. Sf types are already naturally aggressive.
    2. Said 22 yr old SEAL gets in enough trouble as it is. Yes, lets give him a bunch of testosterone beyond what is already there. What could go wrong.
    3. When the military gets sued for infertility, due to unsustainability down range... I remember when ripits were blamed for a few accidents.
    4. How will this effect selection processes? Not that theyre not used already, but its more policy and politics that will effect top to bottom rule making.
    5. When is it legal for the rest of the military to use it? Oh they cant? Like how berets used to be reserved for special units?

It will take exactly ONE S.H.A.R.P. incident for this to get shot down. It will never be allowed openly.

Girl: he raped me.
    19 yr old Ranger: it was the roids (legal advice).

Program over. Done. Forever. Thats how the military works, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    Program over. Done. Forever. Thats how the military works, my friends.
    Ryan....big secret to follow...

They have been doing this for years.

Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Ryan....big secret to follow...

They have been doing this for years.

Btdt, brother. I speak from personal experience.

Ok, basic question. What's the military's current policy on steroids? I know lots of active mil guys use them and I know some PMCs encourage it. I know the military tests for illegal street drugs, but I don't know if they test for PEDs. What is the actual policy now?

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    Ok, basic question. What's the military's current policy on steroids? I know lots of active mil guys use them and I know some PMCs encourage it. I know the military tests for illegal street drugs, but I don't know if they test for PEDs. What is the actual policy now?
    Forbidden just like all other drugs. It’s a well known fact that they’re not tested for in routine testing. I saw multiple people have bad side effects (from improper use), need treatment, and still never get tested or get in any trouble.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by chipw View Post
    Hey Zoom,
    Do you have an opinion on blocking MTor and increasing autophagey for potentially improving longevity? Specifically, compounds like Rapamycin and Metformin? It seems the opposite approach of TRT and growth hormone.
    My layman's thinking on it is maybe a little of both is good, run in cycles. Like 4 months a year cleaning the old cells out of the system by concentrating on boosting autophagey and the rest concentrating on building or maintaining muscle via anabolics. Probably TRT at a very low dose even during the 4 months of using a rapalog?
    Interested in your professional opinion

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I'm ambivalent on Metformin but with rapamycin and its analogs the jury is still out. The life extension folks seem to be all about life extension without concern for the overall well being of the organism! Health span is more important to me than life span. That said, I hear folks say" I'm ready at anytime!" Unfortunately unless you are into suicide it's not up to you. You could languish years after a stroke, MI, or some other debilitating illness. The arguments put forth in the popular press are most often oversimplified "if this then that" statements that do not take into account individual epigenetics and the complexity of our physiology. Speculation from the results of rodent studies do not for exhaustive study make but are just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzooomm View Post
    Health span is more important to me than life span.

Unfortunately unless you are into suicide it's not up to you. .
    Agreed on both counts. And although likely extremely unpopular a position, suicide may be better than prolonged and bankrupting medical misery due to social stigmas on self-help.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    although likely extremely unpopular a position, suicide may be better than prolonged and bankrupting medical misery due to social stigmas on self-help.
    In that instance I'm putting on my best "He got money" clothes, strapping up, and heading to the worst part of the world for a little kinetic exit.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities