Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    ETA: IDK about anyone else but I'll take a chemically enhanced 30+ year old operator with a decade + of experience, that can still perform like a 22 year old over a 22 year old kid, fresh out of RIP or Selection.

Amen, we learn a LOT of dirty tricks that the pups dont have. The longer we can work in our field, the better off our replacements will be when it IS time to go.

As noted in another thread, my agency doesnt have high or med res NVG. I get by when needed with a crappy monocular. I was teaching a low light course for the agency pups (and a couple neighboring agencies) and cleaned their clock with outdated tech and good EXPERIENCED tactics during a hostile search exercise acting as the single suspect they had to find and neutralize.

There are folks FAR better than I am, but even little things like knowing how long someone is likely to stack, how long indecision usually lasts for a problem area/room/corner ...especially if they have already taken fire (even sims) makes a huge difference. Actually having taken fire a few times streamlines your thought process, and smoothness comes with experience.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Amen, we learn a LOT of dirty tricks that the pups dont have. The longer we can work in our field, the better off our replacements will be when it IS time to go.

As noted in another thread, my agency doesnt have high or med res NVG. I get by when needed with a crappy monocular. I was teaching a low light course for the agency pups (and a couple neighboring agencies) and cleaned their clock with outdated tech and good EXPERIENCED tactics during a hostile search exercise acting as the single suspect they had to find and neutralize.

There are folks FAR better than I am, but even little things like knowing how long someone is likely to stack, how long indecision usually lasts for a problem area/room/corner ...especially if they have already taken fire (even sims) makes a huge difference. Actually having taken fire a few times streamlines your thought process, and smoothness comes with experience.
    That's a fact. In my first SI class we were busting off the X in a drill and when I got done the instructor walked up and said "you've been shot at before" I asked what made him think that and he said "because you get so low when you're moving" I just smiled.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities