Default New Rifle for 3.08-19

Just picked this up a couple of days ago...

Browning BAR Mk III DBM in .308. Leupold VX-R 2-7x33. Runs off truly detachable 10-rnd mags, but will accept the FNAR 20-rounders. (Like I’m going to find any in CA... But I am pretty resourceful.)

Pretty light, nice trigger. Still need a sling.

Great reviews on them. Would rather have a properly set-up AR platform .308, but an exercise in futility in the PRK.

Been bore-sighted, and hope to get it zero’d out at 50, 100 and 200 yards next week. (Limits of my range.)

Will advise on results.

C8C6809C-3914-43FE-BE4E-B925C28AB499.jpg
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

I had one. I liked it. A buddy liked it more and I sold it. Honestly I found the 10 round mags "fit" the looks of the gun better than the 20s. FN supposedly made a "precision" version with an adjustable stock; but none of my dealers was ever able to find one. Its not a bad gun and has a better PC image which is important in some places. My big issue was that it isn't the best design for simple maintenance.

As a note back in the 90s, there was a small run of Browning BARs tarted up by a small shop in 300win mag with supposedly for NSW. It had a McMillan stock and a heavy barrel. Ive seen both one piece and two piece stocks. I had high hopes that the Fnar would follow with the idea, especially in 300Win.

let us know how well it shoots when you get the chance.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Elegant.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 6, 7. And a wakeup.

Not a bad California choice by far. Other then a lever action or an overpriced m-14, I am going to look into one.

Serious bro, let me know how you like it.