Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Honestly if it came in a smaller dot size the dual illum is all I would use.

Why? I don’t know this but I think the electronics are simpler. I think overall it’s a bit tougher (all are pretty tough but I think there is less to go wrong with this one). And no batteries if course...convenient but more importantly less things to fail such as battery connection.

Also I have mild astigmatism...that affects the LED versions but not the dual illum, not sure why but it’s just different tech.

I like smaller dots, so for my EDC pistols I carry them. I think I can wring a bit more precise aiming out of the smaller dots, and I can take advantage of that with a bigger pistol. The smaller pistol - in my mind a bigger dot isn’t as big a deal. It’s a more difficult pistol to shoot (marginally anyway) and seems to me I can do without the extra precision in aiming.

Of course any of the dot types offer advantages over irons. I think some types make more sense depending on the application though.

But personal preference is what’s important here...there’s an argument to keeping all your stuff the same too.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I couldn’t miss with Ted’s gun. I shot it MUCH better than my own. The comp makes an amazing difference.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

That’s definitely what I would call a multi role gun in a sense of: it can be a great tuxedo gun because when you literally need to shoot the terrie in the face across the room, and still look dapper doing it, or even a jogging gun because depending on the shorts/pants you run with, the 43 with a comp and even extra mag can’t weigh a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I couldn’t miss with Ted’s gun. I shot it MUCH better than my own. The comp makes an amazing difference.
    The pistol Ted brought last week had minimal recoil and was dead on. State of the art, but not for long given this tribe.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

I don't need a Comped 43X, not even sure when I would carry it over my 19, but dang it, I sure want one!

Default THE GLOCK 43 STREET COMP

The pistol in question, field-tested by People Worth Knowing on Papa’s range during his birthday party & Sunday Shootout!

Street Comp, Face-shooter threaded barrel, Face-shooter trigger, Plus-One base pad (which makes the pistol fit my hand perfectly and doesn’t print AIWB). Well done SI!!

NSA and RMR next.
    Last edited by Ted Demosthenes; 09-15-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Honestly if it came in a smaller dot size the dual illum is all I would use.
    [...]
    Also I have mild astigmatism...that affects the LED versions but not the dual illum, not sure why but it’s just different tech.
    Do you see any difference in the dual illuminated green versus the dual illuminated amber with respect to your astigmatism?

Beretta's take on a pistol comp. Great for holsterless AIWB.

BMB.jpg
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post

BMB.jpg
    Gaaah! Stabbed my dick, ripped my bag, and cut my leg, but damn it looks good on Instagram!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post

BMB.jpg
    Provides even greater meaning to our fundamental standard of “holster reluctantly”.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)