Default Glock Magazine Release Tool

Filed under 'if it's stupid and works, it's not stupid':

I got a new SI mag release for my carry G19, and was trying to find a way to get that spring released from the slot of the stock mag release. I poked around for a while, but was concerned about marring the plastic with my pointed tools.

Being older and wiser, I knew there had to be a right tool for the job. I've screwed up plenty of things using the wrong tool.

Using my google-fu, I found the Tango Down Magazine Release Tool for Glock. The problem was that it costs $27.50 for something I wouldn't use that often. And the price seemed a bit excessive.

After poking around for a while, I eventually found this which looked surprisingly similar:

Premium French Steel Autoclavable Root tip Dental Left Elevator Del-302 (JM BRAND)

This cost the princely sum of $6.99 so I bought one. It showed up in a couple of days and I had the mag release swapped out with no problem in about a minute. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. Worth every penny.

This tool also does a good job of prying out connectors.

Thought I would pass this along for all those tinkerers like me who can't leave well enough alone.

pretty sure thats just a dental tool, but then again what i use in the shop is a modified flathead. i've used dental picks before, but i usually break them

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I believe that's used for prying out teeth....they seem to be a fairly significant piece of metal. Much stouter than a dental pick.....I have broken picks before too, fwiw. Never had one of these. mike

The tip looks like the old picks that came with nut crackers. But it does have a much more substantial handle.

That's looks very handy for multiple uses... I just bought it just to have it.