Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    He had a single shot and chose to do the most damage with his shots. Basic rules of war is that the loss of most officers is a greater blow to an enemy army than the loss of a private.
    Yes and no, I’m only going to say I would be a lot worse. Cutting your young sons heads off and placing them on your fence. I would have a hard time controlling my behavior at that point. My tactics would be called barbaric......

He had a single shot and chose to do the most damage with his shots. Basic rules of war is that the loss of most officers is a greater blow to an enemy army than the loss of a private.
    That's why you're not supposed to salute officers in combat. We had a guy who insisted we salute him anyway. We did so gladly.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

The outlaw, Josey Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    The outlaw, Josey Wales.
    I do not believe Josey Wales was an actual person and lot of what was done relative to technique did not strike me as realistic, but I have not seen that film in a long time and could be wrong. The southern mountains in places that still have forests are still a good place to hide. That abortion clinic bomber hid out for quite a while before he got caught somewhere IIRC in the Carolina mountains.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Gabe put One Manís War on my reading list almost 9 years ago. Iíve read it cover to cover and itís one I wouldnít mind reading again. There is evidence linking Jack Hinson to my grandfather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

That was Eric Rudolf who also touched one off at the
    Olympics in Atlanta.

A good friend of mine was the LEO that caught him.

John

That abortion clinic bomber hid out for quite a while before he got caught somewhere IIRC in the Carolina mountains.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post
    That was Eric Rudolf who also touched one off at the
    Olympics in Atlanta.

A good friend of mine was the LEO that caught him.

John
    IIRC it was routine patrol that found him rummaging through a dumpster for food.

edit to add:
    Rudolph was arrested in Murphy, North Carolina, on May 31, 2003, by rookie police officer Jeffrey Scott Postell of the Murphy Police Department while Rudolph was looking through a dumpster behind a Save-A-Lot store at about 4 a.m.; Postell, on routine patrol, had initially suspected a burglary in progress.[17]
    Rudolph was unarmed and did not resist arrest. When arrested, he was clean-shaven with a trimmed mustache, had dyed black hair and wore a camouflage jacket, work clothes, and new sneakers.
    Last edited by barnetmill; 03-02-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Love these threads. Thanks for sharing.

As you can see by my handle, Captain Jack is my personal hero. There aren't many nights that I fall asleep without reflecting on his life. When I was a child I was taught to pray and reflect on the life of one of the saints before falling asleep; Jack Hinson didn't appear in the approved list of Christian saints. Evidently I've made some edits to the list. Stay strong