Default ? Like to see an evaluation of the Franklin Armory Reformation 'firearm' by SI

People using loop holes in Federal firearm laws. I just watched a video of a Franklin armory product with straight rifling on the Military Arms Channel. The example on the video was equipped with a binary trigger. I see people thinking outside of the box, but in this case I am wondering if this is a useful weapon. One can use a shorter barrel and a fore grip on this product since it is not a pistol.

The hype behind this product
    Franklin Armory Reformation: Not a Rifle, Not a Shotgun, But a ‘Firearm’
    Franklin Armory's NRS barrel technology. NRS stands for “Not a Rifle or Shotgun” and has straight cut lands and grooves while retaining a standard chamber. ... Since Reformation cannot be a rifle or a shotgun, it also cannot be a short barreled rifle of a short barreled shotgun.
    With about IIRC an 8 inch barrel in 5.56 accuracy with key holing bullets was ok at 50 yards believe it or not, but at one hundred was very limited in penetration. My take is that this is an interesting development, but only useful at closer ranges in 5.56. The claim was that the straight rifling in not spinning the bullet caused less deviation when keyholing than what normally occurs. The labradar chronograph for some reason would not consistently record the tumbling bullets.

It will be interesting to see how this product preforms in .300 blackout with heavy subsonic bullets that tumble. They might preform better at 100 yards than the lighter 5.56 bullets.
    I did not post the video here since Military Arms is a vendor of some products. A search of youtube and internet will turn up several videos of the Reformation product for those that want to watch it. There will be another video on penetration of materials and also using the 300 blackout coming from the Military Arms Channel.

Below 50 yard grouping with 5.56 bullets heavier than 55 grains.
    50 yd grp 62 bullets..jpg
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Why?

What is in it for me

I don't sell them, and if I did, I doubt anyone would buy them. I am not into entertaining anyone unless I will get paid. Will Franklin pay me? Doubt it.

Personally I find the entire reformation, binary trigger business stupid.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Their guns are moronic.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I think Franklin even reduced or had produced ammo with spiral projectiles that were supposed to improve accuracy and distance. It doesn’t seem like this thing lasted too long in the spotlight after last years shot show as it was overpriced for the Fudd market.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018