Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Gabe wrote:

Then the child is raised by a homo-pacificus set of parents, sent to a rainbows-and-butterflies church, and they are taught (incorrectly but nonetheless) that killing is wrong and violence solves nothing.
    That made me remember an event from 1st grade. A kid used to punch me every day when we were in line to go to recess. I wanted to hit him back, but the stupid nuns always tried to brainwash us with the whole "non-violence" approach. I didn't hit him back at first, and when my I told my mother she asked me why. I told her I was worried that I'd get in trouble with the nuns and get thrown out of school. She reassured me that the nuns weren't going to to jack shit to her kid for defending himself and that it's perfectly fine to hit him back. So the next day, he punched me on the arm. And I punched him in the face, threw him to the ground, and beat the shit out of him (well, at least as much so as one 1st grader can administer a beat-down to another 1st grader!). Nuns freaked, mom told the nuns off, bully avoided me like Ebola, problem solved. Never had a problem with dishing out violence after that.

My favorite old martial arts teacher once said to me: "Sometimes, there's just nothing wrong with a good ass kicking." I think that should be changed these days to: "There are very few problems that can't be solved with a good ass kicking", although society at large is lagging behind on my theory.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Great tale. Now...next Sunday, look around. How many men there you think could drive a knife into a terrorist's throat, rip the plumbing out with a mighty laugh, and then watch him gurgle out without the smile fading. Then wipe his knife and go on with business...never for an instant having considered his action wrong, nor hesitated to carry them out.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Great tale. Now...next Sunday, look around. How many men there you think could drive a knife into a terrorist's throat, rip the plumbing out with a mighty laugh, and then watch him gurgle out without the smile fading. Then wipe his knife and go on with business...never for an instant having considered his action wrong, nor hesitated to carry them out.
    Rare enough on the gun range, let alone in the pews.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Gabe wrote:

0.05%. I'm being generous. But hell, I'm in the Chicagoland area, where men are beta-cuck liberals who are programmed to stamp their feet and whine like girls rather than act like men. Even most of the guards in my company (and from the other company working on site) are just wussies. If I have an active shooter or terrorist on campus to deal with, I already know these bastards are gonna hide in the gatehouse locked in the bathroom. I've told them repeatedly - if it ever comes down, and you're not there backing me, then when I get done dealing with the shooter I am coming out there and you'd best not be there if you don't feel like a few weeks in intensive care. I just can't stand these cowards. Why even arm them?

I tried discussing how to deal with an active shooter with some of the "men" working on campus (not security, mostly staff). When I got just a wee bit realistically graphic, they turned green and I thought they were going to puke. They literally could not handle it. I said to myself - "They're gonna die." Well, if I'm not there I mean. But if left to their own defense, yeah...they're gonna die.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1976 View Post
    They literally could not handle it. I said to myself - "They're gonna die." Well, if I'm not there I mean. But if left to their own defense, yeah...they're gonna die.
    They are "targets" the Ancient Greek spoke about. The bad guy will target them and by doing so he will give his intentions away and justification to you. Even they have a purpose.
    Gabriel Suarez

The top high school in my town hold courtroom style trails to address fights or any other disciplinary problems. The student is allowed to call witnesses and can even have a representative to speak for him, like a lawyer. Ironically they then have a jury to decide the outcome although we don`t use the jury system in S. A. Predictably both students are always fond guilty when their is a fight. And both parties are punished.

I have heard that some people are trying to get rid of this system. Stating that their is nothing fair about these trails and that they are done simply to make things seem legal. But that a decision has already being made and the outcome decided.

This takes teaching that all forms of violence is wrong a step further. Using fear and intimidation to hammer home that there can only be one outcome in an assault for you,punishment. If you are found left bleeding on the sidewalk the police will somehow find a way to make it your fault. And if you defend yourself you will make things even worse for yourself. Incurring a heavier punishment.

This leaves people with only one decision to be made when faced with violence for the first time. To do nothing.

An unintentional consequence of this is that students start to become apathetic to people getting hurt/to violence. If I am on the rugby field and my teammate is at the bottom of a lose-scrum being beaten up I am not coming to his aid. Instead I am getting as far away as I can to not get involved.

That`s how you end up with a whole street full of people who can simply stand by and watch somebody being beaten to death with a hammer. Afraid to act.

And once I don`t feel a sense of duty to look after or protect the members of my team or I don`t feel compelled to act if I perceived something to be wrong I start to act solely in my best interest. Not putting the needs of my team/other people first. Only ever acting or doing something if there is something in it for me.

This leads to policemen as adults running away from the crazed man with the hammer and hiding behind their cars when they arrive on scene.
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

There's a woman who comes with her mother and her 7 year old kid, to some place I am.

She is near 40 and wants a particular employee serving her to give this boy with a lisp attention every day.

One day I helped her and was talking to the boy and trying to hear what he was saying about his toys.

So I asked him if he had a super-soaker, as summer was coming up. The mom said, oh no he is not allowed any guns.

So what toys does young man have then? Talking figurines, cars and Transformers.

So, let's see what chance he stands to be violent when necessary. He has no siblings, there does not appear to be a grandfather or father in his everyday life and his mother seeks out attention for him from men, but only to talk passive with him.

I tried raising the notion of physical adventure with the boy but it seemed foreign to him. Would I want him backing me up? Not in his lifetime.

Now contrast that with our son. I gave him a:
    Ruger 10-22 age 5, but kept it in our room.
    Allowed him an Ontario Marine Corps machete online purchase, at 7.
    A Chinese 22 air rifle in his room, also at 7.
    A black powder Remington revolver in his room, to have for some hours, and later overnight, when he asked for it from us, with percussion caps too, when he asked for them, ( to use indoors only), from 8.
    Use of my 45 in the house from 9.
    A Mosin model 44 from 14.
    An AR15 upper on my lower from 15.
    A SIG 556 as a Florida adult, at 18.
    Note, still no handguns until he was 21.

Everything of his kept in his bedroom from 15. The same age at which I was allowed, by special paperwork, to carry a firearm concealed in South Africa.

For the last 5 years up to his 18th birthday we lived on a half acre with a double garage. A woodlot was at the back of the house and he shot paintball, airsoft and his massive Chinese air rifle in the yard.

My son stopped attending school at the end of middle school, to do landscaping and homeschooling. His friends were all from the Assembly of God church, from age 9 until he left home at 19.

He was raised around many Southerners in the very mild mannered town of Venice Florida.

I made it a point to never show pain around my son, as I watched my father be impervious to all pain his entire life long. My son therefore never shows pain, no matter what happens to him.

So, what could go wrong with that? He worked 8 hour days of manual labor beside men from age 14. Drove around with them in a truck, listening to whatever they talk about.

He was shy with girls though, only getting a girlfriend at age 23. He is now 26.

Compare him to this kid I spoke about, now is it any wonder the difference in who they are?

Our son was spending an adult salary on the internet from age 14. Every week was like Christmas, with the big three of delivery trucks very busy at our front door.

There were no cars in the double lock up garage. He built things with his friends from church, things I didn't want to know about. Potato cannons and other things you can make from PVC. Gun parts and accessories just kept arriving and the rest remains classified to his day. :)

Ja, good luck to anyone trying to kill him. He got so good with the angle grinder, sharpening lawn mower blades at work by hand, that he could replicate your knife in minutes, or reprofile it's blade. He built an AR before he was 16.

At no time since he was 5 though has he disobeyed me with weapons or compromised the limits he was kept to.

Hmm, nice life in America, especially under Florida Law, for a youngster who wants to follow manly endeavours. Go hunting from childhood etc.

So, if the law isn't holding back manliness then who is? Yeah, that's who a male has to thank as he ages and still is not a man

It's not even about anti gun culture. Up to late middle age neither my father, his siblings, or his parents had ever owned a gun. Then my cousins made my uncle keep a side by side shotgun, and my Dad surprised me by saying he needed a gun. In his case it was a 1917 S&W.

However, my mother enabled me to carry a firearm from Age 15, with a fortnightly note of permission to have possesion and use of the pistol licensed in her name.

So, my parents at first wouldn't even allow me a BB gun until I was 13. That changed though as they realised I had a real interest in the subject, not just a macabre fascination. Also, as I spent thousands of days hunting birds with my friends. In those days in SA boys could roam the sparsely built suburbs with powerful air rifles, and no one batted an eye.

So, part of this is weather society is encouraging manhood, because this sways the parent to relent.

If both the parent and the society are actively preventing manliness then you are seeing the results of that, in the North East of America and the big cities of blue states.

Then, a male should flee those areas when he comes of age, and I'm sure many here have had to do that. Although, I would expect that many here were nurtured into a martial mentality, like my son was.

Long preamble to say this, in response to your question Gabe. For someone to reliably kill, you have to have a discussion going like is had here at WT forum. As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.

I was never raised with this, by parents, siblings, peers or coworkers. However I raised my son with the expectation that he would take care of business.

Business with a reasonable likelihood of occuring, so, like any pioneers kid he was nurture to use a concealed weapon of the day, from age 9. In our day that's a pistol.

It wasn't his, and he had to ask to see it and prepare it for use. I made a point of asking him to look after his mother when I was away and two loaded Mosin 44s leaned in corners of the house, out of sight.

They were loaded and with a round in the chamber. All he had to do was push the bolt down against the stock, to use one.

He was expected to defend the family and he rose to the training. It took another shooter at the range to coax him into firing the 44. As ammo was 17 cents each he could shoot till the first one jammed up at the range, then use the other; out to 200 yards.

In the days after a range session we compared bruises from the metal but plate. When they turned yellow we went back to the magnificent self-help range an hour inland of us.

I truly pity anyone who home invaded while I was away, as happened to us in Georgia, when my son was four
    God was with us and nothing bad happened, beside the theft of a 45, which God returned to our possession over a period of years.

The same 45 my son learned on at age 9. The one a teenager who was lurking in our apartment stole when I set my backpack down in the lounge, after returning home late.

I went back in the lounge to retrieve my backpack and it was 2lb lighter that when I put it down some minutes before.

I told my wife this is strange, i always know where my gun is. In the Karrimor fanny pack in the backpack.

So I went out to the car, thinking I'm going crazy, come back in to find a male standing in the doorway of the bedroom looking at my wife who is lying in bed.

I bellowed "get the fuck out my house!" At the same time I realized where the 45 had gone. And he did, very big teen battering himself on the sliding porch doors in his haste.

We called the cops and they wanted to know how much we had been drinking, no shit. I was as livid as its possible to get with Fulton PD and not be arrested. Seething, I reappeared from the kitchen with one finger in a wine cooler and one in a beer. "That's how much!!!"

Fucking cunts, no apology, nothing. That's how we were treated by a white Georgian. A black Fulton PD treated me with utmost compassion on another occasion. So I'm a big fan of much of black Georgian christian culture, to include Tyler Perry.

Similarly my wife was treated very well at work by black Georgians and to this day her best friends are black northerners, Christians all of them.

Ja, I had quite a few problems with certain Georgians, but would live back there in a heartbeat, as overall the people are way above anywhere else I've lived in the USA.

So, it comes down to what you and yours can do, not what the police can do. As I found out, the police might even Re-victimize you, as a foreigner new to a foreign land.

Generally though, I have got on well with the police. I just know they blow hot and cold, you never know what you are going to get. The average yeah, the specifics never.

It really is a case of what can we as a family do today. I asked the police to go outside and see the footprints in the mud. They looked outside, never apologised for accusing us. Never raised prints off the door. Just insulted us and did fuck all of their job.

I called the property room when I knew we were returning to the east coast from three years in California. Our Star PD was in property.

A convicted felon had it on the seat beside him. Cop saw it and stopped him. He went back to prison for more years. Still though, no attempt was made to find who originally stole it.

Well, I can actually thank that officer of Fulton PD because he helped along my realization that despite being in a first world country the police still might not give a shit. You have to be disabused of the notion that the State, anyone in fact, gives a shit about you.

To kill you must understand that you are the only chance you and your family have. It's been interesting to see that confirmed in recent years, as police tasked specifically with defending specific group from a specific fate abdicate their responsibility, for the entire nation to witness.

Now, more than ever, is a good time to be on Warriortalk.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 02-20-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Fearful in the first place-To scare to pull the trigger/to act. Believing that whichever course of action the choose will be wrong. And in the second place only there to earn a living. Not feeling compelled to confront the attacker because there is plainly nothing in it for them. Instead content to wait safely behind their cars for somebody to turn up and make it his problem.

Raising a majority of young men in S. A. to fearful to act in the first place. Followed closely by apathy that quickly turns into selfishness. The hesitation in taking another human life stemming from the question what is this action going to cost me. Instead of it being a question of is it wrong to take a human life. The question of taking a life turning into more of a philosophical question than a morel one.

OSSU
    Elfie
    HALFMAN HALFCAR

As a civilian- I thought the decision to carry a firearm-REQUIRED the decision to kill to be well settled.
    Why else carry it?
    Last edited by JoeO; 02-21-2019 at 12:39 PM.

I was watching Netflix today - The opening scene of The Wild Bunch. The kids and the scorpions. THAT is how life really is no matter how much civilization and socialization try to tech otherwise.
    Gabriel Suarez