Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gabe wrote:

Lawyers love suspects. Suspects make them alot of money. Victims not so much. If you are Bill Gates Rich, who cares. buy each of your legal team a new boat. Even if they list you as a suspect in a multiple homicide with a $5 million bail, you will still sleep in your own bed, and your attorneys will have to be driven to the station as they will be unable to drive with their cash hard ons. For real people, nobody is going to wait for him to arrive to save you. The investigation will continue with the silent guy listed as suspect. But hey...maybe you guys do have more cash than an Arab and maybe I am wasting my time even discussing this.
    Not me. I don't have anywhere near that sorta funding, so that's why this class is so important.

If you don't have that level of cash, and have a brain inside the skull, it is better to be listed as a victim...something that doesn't seem to be getting through I am getting tired of saying. The only thing that will get you Victim Placement is you and your words...not your lawyer.
    Gabe, you got through from the get go. I get it. That's why I want to take the class. Again, to me the class you're teaching is like carrying a top of the line firearm with the best hollow point ammo available. The lawyer in this case is just a spare magazine. Not what I'm using to handle the situation, but nice to know it's available just in case I need to reload. The lawyer, without taking this class, is like having the spare magazine but no firearm on me. Not very helpful when the shit hits the fan, to the point of being almost irrelevant.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Gabe, Jonathan & Ghost,

Much appreciated. This thread is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    J...I am quickly getting to the point in my career where my "give-a-shit" tank is empty.......

Yet I am beginning to get offended every time an unblooded neophyte says, "Yes but..." as if they know a god damn thing of what we have done or seen because some painted dog turd on YT told him to buy something or wear something or say a magic word. Maybe I have been at this too long.
    Sounds to me like you're saying to the ignorant "Just shut up a minute, listen, and maybe you'll learn a thing or two".

Couldn't agree more.
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era, received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring. The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”

Like this cup, Nan-in said, you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thundermaker wrote:

Gabe, Jonathan & Ghost,

Much appreciated. This thread is gold.
    Giving credit where credit is due, Gabe and Jonathan are doing all the heavy lifting on this thread. I'm just bobbing my head up and down, saying "I agree" and taking notes. Lots of notes. I imagine after the class, I'll have an entire notebook or two full of notes! Forget bringing an empty cup to the class - I think I better bring an empty 5 gallon jug!
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu