Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    And yet more of that weak ass "partial penetration" shit......
    Oh yeah. I didn't post this to show what to do. Just interesting to watch these guys take care of business the way they did in their time.

Remember this video is clearly really old, judging by the quality and styles I'd expect early 90s. Obviously TTPs have evolved since.

There's one episode where their Inspector and another member tell of staking out car-jacking and are themselves carjacked.

One of the two carjackers has a pistol to the Inspectors head and the other is covering let's just say the Sergeant.

The Sergeant draws an ankle gun and shoots his Inspector's attacker to the ground, whereupon the Inspector returns the favor on the Sergeant's goblin.

Both attackers are killed and in recounting the story the Inspector says they were very very lucky. His Sergeant agrees.

He then goes on to credit God with saving them, and his Sergeant agrees. Now that is definitely old school. :)

Here's the whole thing:
    https://youtu.be/re-WeCQZFzI

A little background to the Special Task Force. They are mainly comprised of Afrikaners. Afrikaners are comprised of the Dutch Libertarians of their day, French Protestants fleeing persecution in France and everyone who didn't like living under the British after the British gained ascendancy of the seas, and by default every other power's far flung colony.

That is the culture that gave unity to the people you see working here. It started here:
    https://youtu.be/mgI_mSxQYNU

Went on to face down the mightiest empire of the time, as had the Americans.

And at the point of this movie, the Afrikaner language and culture and it's influence, was likely on the wane, as non racial democracy was in place.

What was not on the wane was The Covenant they had with God. As they face adversity they are remembering God more than they did during their ascendancy.

And, in the series you are also watching policemen being protected by God. And, them acknowledging that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Oh yeah. I didn't post this to show what to do. Just interesting to watch these guys take care of business the way they did in their time.

Remember this video is clearly really old, judging by the quality and styles I'd expect early 90s. Obviously TTPs have evolved since.
    EXACTLY This is a view of history that we aren't likely ever see again; its PRE President Mandela, when the ANC was the enemy. I enjoyed watching it; but its like watching news reels of Fallschrimjagers jumping into Kreta or Jeff Cooper Gunsite videos.

Actually, it's post 95, during Mandela's presidency. They say in the documentary that STF worked with President Clinton's Secret Service during his visit to SA.

What has mostly changed since then is the growth of the private security industry in SA, which are conspicuous by their absence in the documentary.

It's not inconceivable to me that elite police and military units might still exist today in SA, and might possibly still be majority white, and using similar or even more cavalier tactics.

If not, how are they dealing with crisis stuff??? The regular South African Police Service (SAPS) make tits on a bull look useful, if they ever abandon their shopping and bribe collecting to respond to a crime.

If they do respond the victim might feel even more threatened. I was warned by my Dad to steer clear of them, as long ago as 2007.

That same year I was in Port Elizabeth and waited 30 minutes with entrapped accident victim for the police to show. The crowd was pissed off because in the interim the perpetrator fled.

Everyone knows that response time was because they broke coverage to go shopping, and we're deep in a mall when they got the call. Still had to complete their purchase etc.

Ja, they must still have a STF.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 02-13-2019 at 06:12 AM.

During that same visit I was fielding paintball gun, flare pistols and pepper spray, as well as SOG Tsunami.

We went to a police Inspectors home to buy pepper balls. His wife was also an Officer in the police.

She told of finding their dog poisoned recently. Waiting for the inevitable attack, while she was nearly full term pregnant.

Four tribals coming over the very high front wall. Plop, plop, plop and plop, onto the manicured lawn. She called her husband who was watching the opposite diagonal of the property.

They had a gunfight on the lawn which resulted in surrender of the four without any hits being landed.
    Cuffed them and noticed that one was a suspect she had previously arrested.

She said she kicked his face with her bare foot till her leg was covered in his blood. He had come to rape, torture and kill the petite blond, when she was almost ready to give birth.

The baby miraculously remained in place, despite the emotional trauma but the dog died soon after of cancer.

The troubling question was which colleague had given up the whereabouts to their house?

Anyhow, he came to check us out and satisfied left his wife to complete the transaction. My best friend and I got to see mom and child resilient and calm as ever.

Boere police have been living la vida loca for a long time already and they have good reason to be suspicious of their tribal colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by endsoftheearth View Post
    A little background to the Special Task Force. They are mainly comprised of Afrikaners. Afrikaners are comprised of the Dutch Libertarians of their day, French Protestants fleeing persecution in France and everyone who didn't like living under the British after the British gained ascendancy of the seas, and by default every other power's far flung colony.

That is the culture that gave unity to the people you see working here. It started here:
    https://youtu.be/mgI_mSxQYNU

Went on to face down the mightiest empire of the time, as had the Americans.

And at the point of this movie, the Afrikaner language and culture and it's influence, was likely on the wane, as non racial democracy was in place.

What was not on the wane was The Covenant they had with God. As they face adversity they are remembering God more than they did during their ascendancy.

And, in the series you are also watching policemen being protected by God. And, them acknowledging that fact.
    My understanding is that most Takkies are now black or Coloured. Used to talk to a guy named Clint Oousthuizen who is current SAP dog unit.

Francisp, I can believe that.

My favourite human beings are Durban Coloureds, as exemplified by Carvin H Goldstone, comedian. Carvin is the best family comedy on earth, at least for a Durban local. With his Zulu father and born again Christian Indian mother he takes the cake.

Sure, a bunch of Carvins are unbeatable comrades in arms. Yeah, I'd die laughing before anyone gets to shoot me.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 02-15-2019 at 07:06 PM.