Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Money and guns have a lot in common. Anytime some one wants to take either of yours, things can happen to them to prevent it. You can give it to friends, ship it off shore, lose it in a boating accident....

FWIW, when I run for president, I'll have three simple planks in my platform.
    1) do away with automatic withholding of taxes. If people had to write a check to .gov every week or month we would have quick pressure to clean up our tax code.
    2) change the voting rules to require that you show a net loss on your income tax. Meaning, you must pay taxes to vote. If you didn't pay in, you have no say on how it's spent.
    3) make warning labels illegal. We will clean up this genepool in 6 months.

Oh, and yes, vote in a national sales tax, eliminating all others taxes and fees. Tax what you spend, not what you claim you earn. Then all of the drug dealers and pimps would be paying their share too. They certainly don't now.
    Last edited by 45Smashemflat; 02-10-2019 at 09:18 AM.

It's not about taxing the rich. It's about taxing the s*** out of everyone who is productive and useful so that the parasites, who are neither, can ride for free.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    Just another thought - not that it matters. We keep hearing bimbos like Warren and Ocasio-Cortez harping about equality - gender equality, racial equality, economic equality, yadda, yadda, yadda - but you never hear them, or their Leftist cohorts, talk about tax equality. How about a flat tax rate? How about every body pay the same - say 10% - of whatever their taxable income is?

Yeah, like that is ever going to happen.
    I believe Ted Cruz proposed that a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Remember, when the Left says, "Soak the rich," they have no intent to tax the rich. The ringleaders of the Left are the rich. What they actually mean to do is to take the tax whip to the Payer Class - the professionals, skilled craftsmen, and small businessmen who actually pay the highest tax rates in this country.

Example: In 2011, Mitt Romney made $11 million, on which he paid 12% Federal income tax...and could have paid less. That same year, I made $110K, 1% of Romney's income. My Federal income tax was just under 18%...and I could not pay less. The tax code is a bait-and-switch, designed to kick the upwardly mobile in the teeth.

Me? My rate of tax is 18%...Your rate is 18%. If that means someone else's taxes go up, that's tough...but they thought that rate was proper for me to pay, it's only fair that they pay at that same rate. No exemptions, no deductions, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    2) change the voting rules to require that you show a net loss on your income tax. Meaning, you must pay taxes to vote. If you didn't pay in, you have no say on how it's spent.
    Yup. I've long believed that voting should be restricted to those who have equity in the United States. I'd structure it a bit differently...to vote, you have to earn 100 Points of Equity in the United States in the two years prior to the election. One point of equity is one day's paid military service, or $100 in Federal income tax, or four hours unpaid voluntary labor service. Those Who Pay Should Have The Say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    At the end of the day, lets see what happens in 2020. Me...I predict Trump/Pence will defeat Warren/Obama by a landslide and there will partying on some streets and rioting in others.
    While I share your optimism re Trump Gabe (what a brilliant State of the Union address), I see AOC as the leading edge of a generation of college "educated" urbanites that are collecting the Electoral College votes of CA, NY, FL, and unfortunately TX is showing signs of eroding quickly as the over-taxed Californians invade (can your state survive this?). NC is likely to fall also. This needs to be fought and not stoically ignored. We in Ohio can only carry the EC for a little while longer as everyone is leaving our awesome weather . You are closer to the southern border than me (as I defend the shores of Lake Erie from the Hosers) so if you see the migrants at our southern egress as supporting Hayek like economics then give them shots and wave them folks in!

Rush is an entertainer, but he our entertainer and highly hugely effective at informing millions as evidenced by the vitriolic attacks he sustains from the Progressives and media.

Again, we know we are on the right side of logic and history, but history is weighed toward us losing for centuries with millions as subjects/serfs with pockets of success over the centuries.

Mine

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    This needs to be fought and not stoically ignored.

After you

And I am not stoically anything. I have my plans (none of which involve saving the nation, nor anything selfless at all), but I am surely not going to share them with somebody I do not know on a forum am I. Suffice to say two things -

1). I will never live under communism, neither will he vast numbers of Americans. If snowflakes need to be melted, we have plenty of matches.

2). I will not allow WT to devolve into a hand wringing political circus over an old commie hag and young commie slut.

We in Ohio can only carry the EC for a little while longer as everyone is leaving our awesome weather . You are closer to the southern border than me (as I defend the shores of Lake Erie from the Hosers) so if you see the migrants at our southern egress as supporting Hayek like economics then give them shots and wave them folks in!

Funny...every single Mexican laborer I have come across wants to work, make money, and live his life. I have yet to meet one that wants what he left behind. Much rather have a dozen capitalist apolitical Mexicans around me than liberal born-heres.

Rush is an entertainer, but he our entertainer and highly hugely effective at informing millions as evidenced by the vitriolic attacks he sustains from the Progressives and media.

Not MY entertainer. Haven't listened to anything but Fox Business since 2004.

Again, we know we are on the right side of logic and history, but history is weighed toward us losing for centuries with millions as subjects/serfs with pockets of success over the centuries.

Then carry on with your worries. I shall not...nor shall we have this silly unending hand wringing discussion here in my house. If shit happens, most of us know what will be done and not one word needs to be shared online. And I am looking forward to the savages burning down their own cities when Trump wins again in 2020. Until then, Pirate Captian says E-N-O-U-G-H

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters