Default China's replacement for the AKM and their soviet submachine guns

Their AK replacement rifle.

Their new submachinegun

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Comments from China of the video for the SMG
    Michael Lin 1 hour ago (edited)
    As a Chinese, I can tell you honestly that this SMG and its big brother the Type-97(or QBZ-95, that's the name of the 5.8mm version of what the Chinese military and police are using) receive a bad reputation even in China due to their terrible reliability and build quality and very poor ability to customize or put accessories on. The main reason why China designed the Type-95 gun family(there is also a 5.8mm Type-95 LMG) is to give the Chinese military a more modern look and show it to the world at the 1999 national day military parade which was held to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Republic of China. So it was more of a political mission to design a new modern looking weapon and replace the old Type-81 rifle with it. (The Type-81 rifle is still being used in the military because its very reliable and there are simply too many complains about the QBZ-95 from the soldiers, especially from those who fought in the China-Vietnam War, they had a lot of experiences with the Type-81 and weren't happy about the poor performance of the QBZ-95. (yes China also had a war with Vietnam in the 80s and 90s, the reason why not many paople knows it's because some political reasons and technically China didn't do any better than what American did in the 60s and 80s.).....so Chinese military is not fully equipped with the QBZ-95 untill the improved model QBZ-95-1 came out in 2010.(BTW, still pretty bad). China is working on the next gen rifle now, in 2016 China unveiled the NAR-17 rifle at the 2016 China Air Show and even showed a new version at the 2018 China Air Show months ago, which I personally think just a cheap rip off version of the ACR. I hope you can review the Chinese QBU-88 semi auto sniper rifle, the accuracy of that rifle is so bad that the gun fans in China call it the "Type 88 anti hostage shotgun", became a Chinese SWAT killed the hostage with the gun due to its terrible accuracy which is simply too pathetic to be called a sniper rifle.

Michael Lin 16 minutes ago
    @J Helmut Chinese military industry has its strength in some certain areas but definitely not in designing guns. Some Chinese elite special forces use AR-15 rifles instead of the QBZ-95 (Most of the Chinese special forces still using modified QBZ-95). And Chinese police in Xinjiang province and some SWAT teams in large cities recently purchased Glock pistols to replace the incredibly unreliable QSZ-92 5.8mm pistols which fire the same ammo as the Chinese version of the SMG in this video. Chinese original designed small firearms maybe a joke, but China is really good at making cheap rip off versions of foreign weapons, especially AKs, because Chinese military used to massively equipped with the Type-56 SMG, (the Chinese version of the AK, and weirdly it was categorized as SMG).

Michael Lin 6 minutes ago
    @Siloseea Irenicus Actually Hong Kong police force mainly use imported weapons like MP5 and AR-15s, those are the main weapons of Hong Kong SWAT. But Chinese military in Hong Kong does use QBZ-95 rifles as main weapon. The main reason why QBZ-95 look like that is because it looks original and futuristic and can give the Chinese military a fresh look while telling the western countries that we have the ability to design advanced weapons. Sorry for replying so slowly, my English is not very good and my VPN connection is not ve

Cheng Kane 6 minutes ago
    Mostly accurate except one small detail, the poor hostage got shot by Type 88 didn't die though, he was lucky (or unlucky) enough that the round went in his left cheek and came out from the right. I know this because it happened in my city (Nanjing).
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I started seeing this rifle in PLA videos several years ago the QBZ-03 they modernized the type 81 and chambered it in 5.8

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Singleton View Post
    I started seeing this rifle in PLA videos several years ago the QBZ-03 they modernized the type 81 and chambered it in 5.8

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The type 81 is supposed to be a short stroke gas gun that is more controllable in full auto fire and supposed to be more accurate. It may has some SKS design features in it. It works, but there still appear to be a lot more AKs in China than any other military rifles.
    It is strange that the chinese can not design better guns.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The type 81 is supposed to be a short stroke gas gun that is more controllable in full auto fire and supposed to be more accurate. It may has some SKS design features in it. It works, but there still appear to be a lot more AKs in China than any other military rifles.
    It is strange that the chinese can not design better guns.
    Here is type 81 and it has a space between the mag and the trigger guard.

Last edited by barnetmill; 02-10-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Kind of looks like the bastard love child of a Kel-Tec and a type 81.
    "Public employee unions are an inherently seditious construct"
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!