Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    So just the friction from the locktited set screws against the barrel is enough to keep it? I’m used to seeing flats machined in the barrel for set screw comps.

How hard are we thightening the set screws? Similar to our RMRs?

I will have Shop Monkey and Swamp Thing post about it. I have two "proof of concept" guns that we began shooting with the first off the line comps. Between them I say maybe 1000 rounds. We use loctite on the barrel threads (I think they did), and then on the screws. Comps have stayed put nicely. Clean and simple design,.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Works for me. Looking forward to the matching slides, too. Thanks!

I don't understand how the compensator is doing its job, but there's no need to lighten the recoil spring. How does that work?
    Though a mighty army surrounds me,
    my heart will not be afraid.
    Even if I am attacked,
    I will remain confident.

Psalm 27:3 (NLT)

Quote Originally Posted by sfc View Post
    I don't understand how the compensator is doing its job, but there's no need to lighten the recoil spring. How does that work?
    Because I am a clever and inventive bastard with great ideas and great staff to execute them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Thwarter of physics... :-)
    Though a mighty army surrounds me,
    my heart will not be afraid.
    Even if I am attacked,
    I will remain confident.

Psalm 27:3 (NLT)

As far as my behind the scene studies and such, I don't plan to publish and give the enemy a leg up on me. Here are a couple of videos using stock springs.

Gabriel Suarez

Ordered mine yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

After installing and testing the Street Comp/Face Shooter threaded bbl on my SI 419, all I can say is WOW. Now I'm thinking I really want a Street Comp'd G26. With the options of switching between extended 15-17 rd mags, or choosing the stock 10-rounders for slightly more discreet carry, I see a comp'd 26 as the perfect multi-purpose (or multi-option) pistol. Has anyone tried the Comp on a 26 yet, and if so, how did/do you like it?

Re the stock springs questions, at the risk of saying, "Gabe told you so," some of my range mags were loaded with Freedom Munitions reman 9mm 115gr FMJ that I bought several years ago. I still have a coupla thousand rounds of that stuff, and while it works fine as training ammo for hammer-fired guns and most stock Glocks, it led to numerous stovepipes and other FTF issues w/ the Comp installed. However, when switching to my social ammo (Gold Dot 124gr +P JHP), the Comp'd 419 ran flawlessly... just as Gabe advised it would.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Question for the SI Crew regarding CC installation:
    I have a Gen3 19 for which I just received a threaded Faceshooter and Carry Comp to install. How close to the slide should I thread the comp? I can stop the comp with about an 1/8" gap or go one more revolution and the comp rests against the slide with just enough clearance to allow for full battery. But I mean just! Like a piece of paper between the slide and comp will keep the barrel from full lock up. Flush mounted looks better but that don't mean shit if reliability is compromised. Advice? I'm new to the whole comp thing.