Default Milwaukee Police Officer shot and killed

This morning on the south side of Milwaukee a 35 year old tactical enforcement officer was shot and killed while executing a search warrant. The site of the search warrant was a reported drug house.

The suspect is in custody.

What is most important if you read the history is that this is third officer in 8 months killed in that area.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

TV news said the officer spent a couple tours to Afganistan, leaves behind a wife and child. Sister of the suspect is claiming no knowledge of any drug activity if I heard correctly.

That area is along my daily work commute.

RIP Brother.

I wonder how far away we are from the point where technology is such that incidents like this never happen again.

For example, drone imaging is good enough that you can see where everybody in the house is located and what they're doing.

Little drones can fly through windows and shoot everybody with tranquilizer darts before any officers enter the house.

Etc.

Rest In Peace, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by mike135 View Post
    I wonder how far away we are from the point where technology is such that incidents like this never happen again.

For example, drone imaging is good enough that you can see where everybody in the house is located and what they're doing.

Little drones can fly through windows and shoot everybody with tranquilizer darts before any officers enter the house.

Etc.

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

He was a friend of an associate on a military forum I frequent. Apparently the officer had a few tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and a reputation as a fierce Marine. RIP
    “Every day the same thing...variety”