Default We don't just say this stuff to hear ourselves talk......

This young man who drew his gun and attempted to do something in response to the mall shooting in Birmingham on Thanksgiving night was shot by responding police. Not surprisingly AT ALL they are not being charged because it is REASONABLE for them , while responding to a SHOOTING, to see someone with a gun in hand as a threat.

There is a reason that we beat the drum here about NOT drawing or keeping it covered (covered SUL) until you are in position to shoot the bad guy and NOT looking like you are the bad guy and NOT having a gun in your hand when the local constabulary arrive..... You are just as dead getting shot and killed by cops as you are if you get shot and killed by the bad guys.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pa...U1K?li=BBnbcA1

Parents after cop who mistakenly shot son isn't charged: It was "murder"

A police officer who mistakenly shot and killed EJ Bradford Jr., a black man, at an Alabama mall will not be charged. Protesters burned American flags Tuesday night outside City Hall in Hoover. "Black Lives Don't Matter" was painted on the flags.
    The victim's father, Emantic Bradford Sr. and mother, April Pipkins, told CBS News correspondent Mireya Villarreal they want justice for the death of their son.
    "To see and know that they're justifying shooting my son three times how is that justifiable?" Pipkins asked.
    Newly released surveillance video from the Alabama mall shows the moment shoppers scatter at the sound of gun shots Thanksgiving night. Bradford is then seen running toward the gunfire, holding a licensed handgun of his own. A moment later, a responding Hoover police officer shoots and kills Bradford Jr., believing he was responsible for the mall shooting.
    Bradford's family said he was trying to protect those around him. "You've watched the video?" Villarreal asked.
    Credit: CBSNews ctm-0206-ej-bradford-jr.jpg"I watched it. I didn't -- didn't like it because it's murder. My son was going back to help his friend," Bradford Sr. said.
    A 24-page report released by Alabama's attorney general concludes the unnamed officer who shot Bradford "reasonably exercised" his official duties during the three-second encounter. The Bradford family's attorney, Benjamin Crump, plans to file a civil suit against the city of Hoover.
    "The police officer in less than two seconds made a judgment call that he saw a black man, he saw a gun, he concluded that he's a criminal. And he shot [him] in the back," Crump said.
    The city of Hoover never released the officer's name or information, but they plan to address the report Wednesday. The FBI found no evidence to open up a civil rights investigation into Bradford's death. Still, his parents are calling for all of the video collected by investigators to be released. They plan to march to the attorney general's office Wednesday in Montgomery to demand answers.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Let those who have ears to hear.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

From what I saw on the video, this unfolded REALLY quickly.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Change a few variables by just a fraction and it could be Bradford coming across the undercover cop and mistakenly shooting him.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    Change a few variables by just a fraction and it could be Bradford coming across the undercover cop and mistakenly shooting him.
    In that case, I'm certain he would be prosecuted.

UC or not, prosecuted or not is 1000% irrelevant to this discussion. Let's get back on point.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Yes. Don't get killed by the cops.

Don't get excited. Move to the gunfire. Hold your cards close to your vest. And watch your 540.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hatfield View Post
    In that case, I'm certain he would be prosecuted.
    Why? I don't think so.

And more important, why is that the very first thing that comes to mind?

In fact...did we not discuss just this very similar situation in the Interview Class? We did. Your perception of events may be incorrect and yet you can still be justified in your actions.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters