Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dorkface, we are on the same page.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

If you want a boutique caliber sub gun (10mm, 357Sig, hell even 40) the easy answer is the Glock PDW.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    IDK, I think the real advantage of 300Blk, is that it can fire both super and sub. In super its a good killing round. In sub its quiet and reaches further than pistol calibers. There are places for 300 in super and sub sonic and places for a SMG. I still have a place in my heart for SMGs (semi and select), and Id probably opt for a SMG more often than most (if I could find a good 10mm SMG option, Id choose that even more); but a 300Blk AR is a lot more versatile for most folks under most situations.
    One big disadvantage of the AR is that the buttstock with the buffer tube can not be folded and still have a functional gun.
    In contrast many SMGs have folding stocks that make them more portable and concealable.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Dorkface, we are on the same page.
    I wasn't intending to sound argumentative if I was lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Off topic, but what you think of the .22 conversion kits for the AR as training aids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I have a Smith 22 that I have never even shot. They make some sense as an under study weapon but... honestly I have only ever used my actual ARs. I think there is some value if you set it up right. Though today I think I’d rather just set up a specialty 10/22.

All depends on on what you use em for I suppose.
    I have a Tactical Solutions M4 upper in .22 rimfire that I never use. I love the idea of a rimfire trainer for this system, but quite frankly, after the honeymoon was over I kinda lost interest. The cost of 5.56 isn't that bad if you're really training and not just doing magdumps.

I'm not saying don't get a rimfire trainer or upper. I do think they have value for the uninitiated who want/need to get familiar with the system. Plus, you can shoot them at an indoor range that doesn't cater to centerfire rifles. And it does function and look cool with a suppressor, so there's always that. But if you're like me and have been around M16s since 1973, it just doesn't beat the real thing. Which is really disappointing the more I think about it and the accessories and all the freakin' mags I got for it. I'd rather shoot 556, even if it costs me a little more. If I'm gonna shoot a semi-auto rimfire it's gonna be a 10/22 and maybe even a braced Charger like Gabe suggested.

Then again, maybe it's for you. You'll have to try one and see.
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 02-02-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

The main problem is limiting yourself to subsonic rounds.I carry a .300W AR 10.5 with SB brace,a superb stopper with 115 gr Controlled Chaos rds from LeHigh.I've shot 2-250lb hogs and the results are devastating to say the least...on an upright biped-nasty.As it's a pistol,my CCW covers it in all my surrounding states.I can carry loaded in my vehicle,I can't with a rifle.Only use Lancer mags for .300,that way there's never a mixup with .556 mags.Can hit 6" steel at 300yds,good enough for a pistol.Irons and a HiLux red dot which is very small and has lasted 3yrs so far.LaRue trigger,nice shooter.