Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Old School WITSEC with mounted Streamlight in action

I thought many here would appreciate this, a US Marshal making an arrest using a WITSEC mounted with a Streamlight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bububu.....but his finger is on the trigger! Someone could get shot!

Hahaha I remember those Streamlight mounts, worse I remember when they were the best available; but its the video store in the background that makes me feel reeeeeely old.

Used to be E.TX but now Kingman AZ, and now back in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    Bububu.....but his finger is on the trigger! Someone could get shot!
    Yup, looks like hes ready to go all Raylan Givens on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Don't think I'd care to shoot that from eye level.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 11. And a wakeup.

Man, that makes me feel old. It also makes me smile. After I got out of the army and was thinking about going to college I experimented with all sorts of stuff like that. I had an 870 with a D-cell Kel-Lite (anybody remember those?) mounted to the receiver. While the mount was pretty solid, it included two radiator hose clamps (basically straps that you had to screw tight) that held the light in place. That shotgun must have weighed 10 pounds if you include the flashlight, extended magazine tube, sling and rounds. The worst thing about that system -- aside from its weight! -- was how the flashlight had to be mounted on the left side (kinda like how side saddle ammo carriers are today), putting it in directly in front of your nose. Papa's right; proper measurement and calibration in the installation was key to your surviving that first shot or two.

My bud had a Browning A-5 rigged up similarly. That gun was pretty awesome. He also had a full-auto converted AR-180 (yes, Ma, it was legal) with the flashlight mount base welded to the receiver. That gun was even awesomer. (?) He eventually found a laser that fit the flashlight mount. This was around 1980 or so and lasers at that time were big -- and expensive. I think he paid nearly $400 which was big money back then. It took some doing, but he got the thing zeroed pretty good and it was very cool. We used to hunt feral dogs on his family's property; they were tearing up family dogs, chickens and livestock, including his mom's pygmy goats, which was pretty sad. We'd sit in a tree and he'd lay the AR across his lap, aiming the laser along the path where the dogs approached the farm. Whenever one came running along they'd cross the laser beam and pop!

And to think now you can mount a laser and a light to a suppressed Glock 43 and do pretty much the same thing ... and fit the whole combo in a pocket.

Technology and a curious mind can be a wonderful thing.
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 02-03-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I had a Pro-Lite 4 D cell on the left side of an 870. When I came to the farm in 1984 I had Israeli surplus infrared googles. I put an IR filter over the lens and had a decent 50 yard set up with a long choked barrel. There were no yotes up here then, but most other varmints got whacked with it.

Choirboy

"WITSEC" brings back memories of BULLIT, the movie............
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    "WITSEC" brings back memories of BULLIT, the movie............
    Really? I don't remember a WITSEC shotgun in the movie. I thought the bad guys used a Win 1897 (breakdown model)?

That was the detail his crew was handling when the pros hit the ringer, wounded his detective, and started the green Mustang on the prowl.

"You sell whatever you want, but don't sell it here tonight."

mcq.jpg

And yep, it was a '97.

Think I'll watch that today.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 11. And a wakeup.