Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Guys I don't think youre full of shit. Its not an all or nothing for me and yes I have read what you say. As for the angle issue it is or was real for me and I suspect for others who had as much time on SMGs as I do. Yes training overcame the issue; but it was still an issue.

Although I am a bit amused how I brought up the mag angle issue to agree with your assessment of Glock ARs.

Edelweiss...you wouldn't buy one from me anyway.

I am fast getting to the point where I don't care. I think ARs designed to use Glock mags are stupid, and as one gent mentioned, a cobblefucked mess of a compromise for cheap f*cks that think they are John Wick and object to the price of legit SMG magazines.

That you disagree doesn't change my opinion.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

One more before my ZF buton is pressed.

Anyone who thinks speed loading an SMG is a good tactic does not know a damn thing about CQB or the application of these weapons.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    DOES IT TAKE GLOCK MAGS?!?!?

Its become a gun community meme in recent years. Glock mags are great so people think they should be great in everything even though its not always true. It might also appeal to those whom already have a bunch and don't want to buy more of another. With Magpul starting to make accessories for some of the SMGs it will be interesting to see if they start making mags for them too.
    Here's the real issue. We want mags that are a universal fit in everything we own. Personally I think Glock mags are a PITA, but they don't rust and they work.
    In Glocks.
    The Holy Grail is a 100 % reliable magazine compatible in striker, TDA and PCC. OK, SMG, too.

We can come close with minimal mods to, say, the 92 and 226 mags, that can be made to work in a number of platforms.

But not all.

So take a deep breath, pull out the billfold, and lay down the plastic for the guns and mags that fit your needs.

Now clean up the rec room. Papa wants to take a nap.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 10. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The only thing Ruger makes well, and would consider owning, and do is the 10-22 series. My opinion.
    Isn't the PCC an upsized 10-22? What makes it less robust and reliable?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_two View Post
    Isn't the PCC an upsized 10-22? What makes it less robust and reliable?

Nothing at all man...its a great rifle, fully the equal of a Heckler & Kock MP5. You should get one right away.
    Even better if it can be modified to take drop-free Glock mags.
    Gabriel Suarez

I'll stick with my Uzi.

9.jpg

Not looking to derail, but I handled one of these today (not this gun), used, asking $899. with what looks like a Magpul fore end and two polymer (junk) mags. Lower is Colt, restricted LE marking and it looks like a true 9mm, not a conversion, or at least it's firmly fitted to the lower. Upper has the A1 rear sight.

I know nothing of Colt 9mm ARs. If I'm insane for considering this, please intervene. If not, tell me what to look for, what to avoid, and whether the juice is worth the squeeze. (I already have a G17 PDW.)

Mods, kick me into another thread as appropriate.
    Last edited by Papa; 02-03-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 10. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Nothing at all man...its a great rifle, fully the equal of a Heckler & Kock MP5. You should get one right away.
    Even better if it can be modified to take drop-free Glock mags.
    I'd like to find one that takes P95 mags, but I guess I'll make do.....besides, I'm not too keen on a rifle that's already broken in half by the factory.

Somebody school this dummy...
    If an PCC/SMG is being designed from the ground up, why not have the mags insert through the grip?
    Then it could use Glock mags without issue. And have a smaller footprint.
    Uzi did it, but most other SMG's put the magwell in front of the trigger, even with a clean slate design. What obvious reason am I missing here?