Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Ruger's new 9mm Carbine that has the Glock magazine adaptor? Does it have the same issues as Glock Mag AR's ?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who keep their swords. -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Man View Post
    Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Ruger's new 9mm Carbine that has the Glock magazine adaptor? Does it have the same issues as Glock Mag AR's ?
    From what I've seen so far they run well just remember it's a ruger.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by DutchV View Post
    Colt-pattern mags are available new. How about a modernized DOE build?
    I tried a build using colt mags (with a kac industries adapter block) and I could not get it to run I ended up using a dedicated glock mag lower and after switching to a springco red spring it ended up running really well I was going to keep it but I needed money for glass for my PRS rifle when I got a good offer on the PCC I let it go.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by DutchV View Post
    Colt-pattern mags are available new. How about a modernized DOE build?
    I have a DOE and a "full size" Colt build. Both are on full size AR lowers and use magwell inserts. I used to argue here about the angled entry of Glock mags in a SMG feeling weird but everyone liked the dual use capability. I gave in because of the availability issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Man View Post
    LOL...its a Ruger...what more
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    LOL...its a Ruger...what more
    EXACTLY If Ruger had released it 10 years ago, it might have been a real force in the PCC world. Today Ruger would have been better to make it in 10mm; but typical of Ruger they missed the idea completely.

Yes its nice that it breaks down and still retains the PC look for those that think that matters. It will put the tombstone on the already dead Keltec; but in the end ….its a Ruger and Hell they even managed to F UP their ARs

The only thing Ruger makes well, and would consider owning, and do is the 10-22 series. My opinion.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The only thing Ruger makes well, and would consider owning, and do is the 10-22 series. My opinion.
    I’ve also had pretty good luck with their .22 pistols such as the MKIV I shoot suppressed. I don’t care much for anything else they make.

Can we get back to the Glock magazine issue.... For instance who has had trouble with Glock mags in another system? Were they original GLOCK mags? What were the specific problems? Was it one particular mag or every mag tested every time? How did the mag fail? How did you determine it was the mag/weapon feed angle?

Ive had problems with dry ARs. Ive had trouble with Korean and Scherer mags. Just wondering what other problems that are being seen.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Can we get back to the Glock magazine issue.... For instance who has had trouble with Glock mags in another system? Were they original GLOCK mags? What were the specific problems? Was it one particular mag or every mag tested every time? How did the mag fail? How did you determine it was the mag/weapon feed angle?

Ive had problems with dry ARs. Ive had trouble with Korean and Scherer mags. Just wondering what other problems that are being seen.
    I guess I don’t get it. Why buy something cobblefucked up around a magazine meant for someone else’s pistol? You literally have 4652 different weapons and a whole barn full of support gear and you are worried about some esoteric bullshit about grip angles and what not. (Lol) The next time I’m back east, we are hanging out and YOU are buying the food, booze and ammo.