Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If there is a Gun Familiarization 5 class--with an M60, 249, RPK, 203, and maybe mortars--I'll fly down (or up) for that. I realize mortars may be a step too far. Maybe we just need another class for that: Introduction to Artillery.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    If there is a Gun Familiarization 5 class--with an M60, 249, RPK, 203, and maybe mortars--I'll fly down (or up) for that. I realize mortars may be a step too far. Maybe we just need another class for that: Introduction to Artillery.
    Ditto
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

My local range won't allow mortars. I asked.

Just curious, I was in Washington visiting relatives two years ago and one of them tried to explain the recent firearms restriction laws about handing a firearm to someone who isn’t a direct relative. Do classes get an exemption around that, or was my relative wrong, or something else? Again, just curious. It has been over a decade since I went through Woodenville.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Just curious, I was in Washington visiting relatives two years ago and one of them tried to explain the recent firearms restriction laws about handing a firearm to someone who isn’t a direct relative. Do classes get an exemption around that, or was my relative wrong, or something else? Again, just curious. It has been over a decade since I went through Woodenville.
    My understanding is that it’s an issue.

But I could not possibly give less of a shit about it. As a result it’s not something I research.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I realize mortars may be a step too far. Maybe we just need another class for that: Introduction to Artillery.
    "HANGING...!"
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.

When I lived near Redmond I used to cycle a loop up to Woodinville, then Duvall, Fall City, and back to Redmond. Way too much traffic these days out there to be comfortable cycling the same loop, based upon the last time I was driving a car around there.

It used to be that one could just head out to the foothills and find a gravel pit off a logging road and set up targets and not be bothered by anyone. Things have sure changed.

Before I retired from the SO I was part of a yearly class for our Search and Rescue volunteers on that exact topic. Most are hippy hiker-types and needed to know how to safely handle weapons they might come across with injured hunters, lost parties, suicide recoveries etc.

Yeah, I don't see us ever again handing a bunch of guns to a roomful of DPAs at a CLE to "familiarize" them. And the days when SCSO hosted full auto MP5 sessions for the PA's office are gone, too. More's the pity.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.

I pause for a moment and consider the consequences before committing a felony. I don't even slow down for misdemeanors anymore.
    Virtute et Armis