Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WHAT IS RIGHT - WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS ONE

Lets see if we are tracking - this is the Evo Bullpup. List five things that are good and five things that are bad.

P1220977-920x690.jpg
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Bad:
    Bigger
    Heavier
    Long barrel that adds no ballistic advantage
    Shorter rail at 12:00 offers fewer mounting options than a normal pistol
    Virtually nowhere for a forward hand to rest
    Mag release is not protected by trigger guard
    Must be SBRed to use a shorter barrel
    More difficult to access internals, in the event of a complicated malfunction
    (I know that's more than five)

Good:
    When SBRed from a pistol, it makes a shorter package when combined with a can
    Better cheek weld (probably)
    They built in a brass deflector
    (I ran out at three)

Why, why, why would they angle the handguards back so steeply, depriving the gun of an additional 4-5" of 12:00 rail space?
    Virtute et Armis

I'll give it a go...

CZ agreed to this project only if it was designed to work with the stock OEM carbine parts, so from the get-go it was a compromised design.

Pluses:
    1. Very short OAL without any NFA restrictions
    2. Maximum velocity attainable from 9mm
    3. Will look OperatorAsF*#k on Instagram
    4. Will look OperatorAsF*#k on Facebook
    5. Will look OperstorAsF*#k on [insert gun forum]

Minuses:

1. Use of OEM carbine foreend = bullpup handguard is ridiculously short, sacrificing hand space and accessory space.
    2. Heavier than the Carbine or the braced pistol
    3. Use of OEM grip leaves very little space between the grip and the magazine... Reloading may be a challenge.
    4. OAL far exceeds a folded braced pistol
    5. Empties to the face from the left shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Why, why, why would they angle the handguards back so steeply, depriving the gun of an additional 4-5" of 12:00 rail space?
    This whole project was done by Manticore Arms with CZ's approval, but that approval came with a big restriction: the upgrade kit had to use the existing OEM Carbine parts, hence the resulting crappy hanguard. It's fine on the carbine, but shit on the bullpup.

WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE?

Waste of time. Large, complicated, unwieldy. $850 for the rifle, $400 for the chassis, and another $200 for the tax man (b/c 16" barrel is stupid, stupid, stupid). All for a mostly stock gun. I see nothing good about this. I look at it and see one of those trashy Turk bullpup shotguns.

Pistol caliber carbines and subguns need to die already IMO. They're anemic. If people want a bullpup subgun so desperately, they should just SBR a 300BLK X95.

300blk.png

I don't have a problem slipping a 10" AR into my gym bag. If a need a 9mm subgun (which I don't see myself ever needing), I'll just throw a folding Endo on one of my RMR'd Glocks.
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Much as I like bullpups, I see no advantage here. Anything this bulky might as well be in a rifle caliber.

A very svelte bullpup, as in cleaner and trimmer than an AUG, SBR’d, and in a heavier caliber to take advantage of the barrel length (357 Sig, 10mm, maybe even 40)...maybe I would be interested then.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Much as I like bullpups, I see no advantage here. Anything this bulky might as well be in a rifle caliber.
    Boom.
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

I still think there is a role for the SMG. But it needs to be smaller, lighter, and handier than a rifle.

The stocked pistol like the Glock PDW will do anything an SMG will do when it comes to shooting. But a small SMG still has some advantages. But this bullpup offers none of them.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

I see very little of interest in that configuration.

These, on the other hand, are more worthy of discussion in my humble opinion. The short one is 20" overall with an integral suppressor, and still has an 8" barrel:

long.jpg

short.jpg