Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LWRC Di

Default LWRC Di

Does anyone have any experience with the LWRC di? I have the chance to pick up one and would like a few unbiased opinions.

Top notch. What's the price point?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Good kit - do it.

Price - you do the math - figure out what is fair in your neck of the woods - but the kit is solid.

Jake
    Wait for the Lord. Behave yourself manfully, and be of good courage.
    Do not be faithless, but stay in your place and do not turn back.
    Thomas Kempis

Quote Originally Posted by ronlassit View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the LWRC di? I have the chance to pick up one and would like a few unbiased opinions.
    I have an LWRC. Not the kit I bought itís hole rifle. They are top quality ARís and deadly accurate. I put a great scope on it and I have shot it from 500 yards with no problem. I love mine. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get it. I have one that I got for a fantastic price, and jumped on it. The completely Ambidextrous lower is the tits. I installed a Geiselle SSA-E and a Gamma VG-6 on it and have run the piss out of it. MOA off the bench and 100% reliable thus far. I ran it through RGF - 2 With Sensei Harris 2 years ago and will be running it through RGF-2 again this March.

To Reiterate: GET IT! You won't regret it.
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

It's a trade for my highly prized Daewoo K2.Picture 092.jpg It has been totally reliable and accurate from day 1. Runs great suppressed. It is probably worth more than the LWRC and is certain to increase in value. Only one in comparable shape I've seen is selling for $1895. I am very hesitant to go ahead with the deal.

It's a trade for my highly prized Daewoo K2.Picture 092.jpg It has been totally reliable and accurate from day 1. Runs great suppressed. It is probably worth more than the LWRC and is certain to increase in value. Only one in comparable shape I've seen is selling for $1895. I am very hesitant to go ahead with the deal.
    LWRCís usually run over $2000 not including a scope. Depends on the model you get and they hold there value.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
    LWRC’s usually run over $2000 not including a scope. Depends on the model you get and they hold there value.

The LWRC DI go for about $1000 on Gunbroker. I almost bought one a couple of years ago because they were so inexpensive, but ended up with something else as I just wasn't that impressed by the LWRC DI. There is no way I would trade it for a collectors item worth almost twice as much, and one that is sure to appreciate in value. Whereas the LWRC is sure to be flat or depreciate. My 2 cents.

Here's a LWRC in Patriot Brown Cerakote for $1050: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796678445

Here's another one for $995: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797368201

Whereas a Daewoo K2 is $2500: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793455193
    Last edited by georgeib; 01-23-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." ó Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." ó Martin Luther

What's really behind the whole thing is I want something I can shoot and find parts for. I can pretty much build an AR with my parts stash with a few things left over. Not so with the Daewoo. Honestly, it looks like this country could fly apart in a second, and who knows how little that might take. How much will all the money in the world be worth then, or all the collectible guns? You can tell me I'm a paranoid idiot, and I'll respect that, because I'll admit it, I just want all my weapons to be utterly reliable and if necessary, to be able to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
    I have an LWRC. Not the kit I bought it’s hole rifle. They are top quality AR’s and deadly accurate. I put a great scope on it and I have shot it from 500 yards with no problem. I love mine. Enjoy.

Poor choice of words on my part Sir - “Kit” in this regard means “gear”. I should have just said it is a solid rifle in my experience.
    Wait for the Lord. Behave yourself manfully, and be of good courage.
    Do not be faithless, but stay in your place and do not turn back.
    Thomas Kempis