Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Kel-Tec KS7

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Vandiver View Post
    I am still waiting for a Benelli mag fed shotgun

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I see someone hasn't been listening. Quickly getting to the point where I don't care. Kel Tecs...mini shells. Am I still at Warriortalk or have I been time-warped to AR-15?
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 03-06-2019 at 05:36 AM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I see someone hasn't been listening. Quickly getting to the point where I don't care. Kel Tecs...mini shells. Am I still at Warriortalk or have I been time-warped to AR-15?
    Well we just disagree on the Benelli I do agree with you on the Keltec. I have several thousand rounds down range with the M1 Super 90 in competition and 3 shotgun courses. Never had a problem with the gun. In the NRA Leo instructor course I got the top gun award shooting against 20 different 870s. In Awerbucks course the Benelli was the only gun still running after his 25 Rd torture drill. The biggest issue with shotguns is reloading them. The box mag is a solution that improves most shotguns.

Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com

Well we just disagree on the Benelli I do agree with you on the Keltec. I have several thousand rounds down range with the M1 Super 90 in competition and 3 shotgun courses. Never had a problem with the gun. In the NRA Leo instructor course I got the top gun award shooting against 20 different 870s. In Awerbucks course the Benelli was the only gun still running after his 25 Rd torture drill. The biggest issue with shotguns is reloading them. The box mag is a solution that improves most shotguns.

Box mag is simply an answer to a question no one asked, keep it fed and no problem, its called dexterity. The shotgun mag is an afterthought that is not only unwieldy, but impractical. Also, are you seriously bringing up NRA course here of all places? may as well come out of the closet and admit to being a Front Sight "Combat Master"

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Mine

Well we just disagree on the Benelli I do agree with you on the Keltec.

Disagree... So now everyone that happens to shoot on the range has a valid opinion? How many bad guys killed with shotguns...? Never mind...I am sure someone will question the relevance of that line of inquiry

I have several thousand rounds down range with the M1 Super 90 in competition and 3 shotgun courses. Never had a problem with the gun. In the NRA Leo instructor course I got the top gun award shooting against 20 different 870s.

Well that is just peachie Scott. Are we discussing Benellis or magazine fed shotguns? Have you read any of my writings on the Benelli? No...unlikely because I haven't written anything about them. So that leaves magazine fed shotguns as the point of discussion. But we are overlooking that you my friend have mistaken competition shooting with gunfighting. Or have I wasted my time writing about that as well?

In Awerbucks course the Benelli was the only gun still running after his 25 Rd torture drill.

So Awrbuck's course is now the litmus test for shotgunning? Wow. I suppose I have simply missed out then. Imagine if only I would have attended that course and run that 25 round "torture drill" how many more gang members and robbers I may have dropped. Or then again...maybe not since I didn't have anything of the sort that ostensibly one needs to survive "The Torture Drill"...only a measely 870

The biggest issue with shotguns is reloading them. The box mag is a solution that improves most shotguns.

If you believe that Scott, you don't know anything about shotguns or gunfighting with them.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Its faster to keep a tube fed topped off than carrying bulky box mags and refilling them. They also deform shells when stored loaded which creates unacceptable reliability concerns. That is the reason why the Russian Armed Forces have all brass shells for the Saiga's in service by special units and police.
    Keltecs are a gamble when it comes to reliability, when they work they are decent. When they dont, you would be better off with a better designed weapon to use as a club... The P3-AT pistol I had was junk, I put 500 through it and it jammed every magazine at least once.. the PF9 I traded it for has been pretty reliable for me, but I replaced the plastic spring rod guide with a stainless steel one. Its only jammed on me twice in 2000 rounds, and that was mosly cheap TulAmmo steel cased. I am gonna wait and see some high volume use reviews before picking up a KS7, unless of course Ohio's shotgun law comes into effect before so. Last I checked on the status of Shockwaves and Tac's we still have to wait for the clerical error fix to take effect, the shops are still only selling them to Indiana, Michigan and KY residents. Or I may just get both to do a comparison review. Overtime has been good to me lately...
    Last edited by WraithWolf; 03-12-2019 at 09:48 PM.

I am still waiting for a Benelli mag fed shotgun

Pretty much busted that nut in an article: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...n-or-the-Rifle
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by WraithWolf View Post
    unless of course Ohio's shotgun law comes into effect before so. Last I checked on the status of Shockwaves and Tac's we still have to wait for the clerical error fix to take effect,..
    March 28, 2109 we are good-to-go. Waiting to hit up the SI store...

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    March 28, 2109 we are good-to-go. Waiting to hit up the SI store...
    Awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up bud! Il have to call the FFL at TargetWorld in the morning to see if they can do the transfer for me.