Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yeah, I get it.

A little under 6'2", a little heavy at 187# today. Weights, running and other cardio, even Pilates, and in chronic, uh, discomfort.

No sugar ('Cept, donuts and pie when I fall off the wagon). No booze, no smoke, no Rx meds.

I've stopped taking Aleve after reading this thread.

Maybe I'll go back to Tylenol in mild doses.

No magic pills = suck it up and quit whining. Get over to the garage and lift.

Still, we live in hope.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.

I would jump on CBD oil but my employer would fire me for .001 THC. ZERO tolerance. Can’t risk a sample having any of the actual good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    I would jump on CBD oil but my employer would fire me for .001 THC. ZERO tolerance. Canít risk a sample having any of the actual good stuff!
    There are plenty of brands available that are guaranteed absolutely zero THC. As my screenname says I work as an EMT so I'm subject to random screenings. There are plenty of people in EMS that I personally know who use CBD with no problem whatsoever.

Be Courageous And Strong.
    Joshua 1 vs 7

Quote Originally Posted by emtdaddy1980 View Post
    There are plenty of brands available that are guaranteed absolutely zero THC. As my screenname says I work as an EMT so I'm subject to random screenings. There are plenty of people in EMS that I personally know who use CBD with no problem whatsoever.

Joshua 1 vs 7
    Will the compensate me if I lose a job because I popped positive due to their product? Many test kits test for more than THC. I really hope that, since industrial hemp was legalized (what most CBD is mad from) many companies catch up... but Iím not using it until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    Will the compensate me if I lose a job because I popped positive due to their product? Many test kits test for more than THC. I really hope that, since industrial hemp was legalized (what most CBD is mad from) many companies catch up... but Iím not using it until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can certainly understand that reasoning. The question had been asked about pain relief/anti inflammatory options without the side effects of NSAIDS. For myself CBD has worked in that role, so I'm putting the information out there. Anyone thinking of using it should of course do their own research.

Joshua 1 vs 7

Has anyone tried Curcumin? The article links to it as a possible alternative.At 56 i need something:)

I had a kidney transplant, so no ibuprofen for me (it's hard on your kidneys) and if I have any pain, I only take Tylenol.

But none of this surprises me, because there is no free lunch in nature.
    Masters in Warfare-OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

ď
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.Ē
    Robert Heinlein

I once had a chat with the head of internal medicine at he Mayo clinc. He said that if they’d known then what we know about ibuprofen it never would have cleared the FDA. That was about 20 years ago. A few tablets have been sold since then and even more wonderful things have been discovered like the facts in the OP.

For those asking about curcumin (turmeric), it’s an excellent anti inflammatory. It’s particularly good if you combine it with Boswellia (frankincense) as the two have a synergistic effect. Also if taking curcumin or turmeric, take some black pepper with it. The black pepper markedly increases the bioavailability.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    For those asking about curcumin (turmeric), it’s an excellent anti inflammatory. It’s particularly good if you combine it with Boswellia (frankincense) as the two have a synergistic effect. Also if taking curcumin or turmeric, take some black pepper with it. The black pepper markedly increases the bioavailability.
    I'm drinking that stuff in tea. What's the best way to take turmeric, and typical dosage? I know, I know, but ballpark?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.

What's the best way to take turmeric?
    Chicken Korma :)
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!