Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    So, I'm off duty and find myself miraculously in a mall and the shooting starts, and I'm moving toward the sound of the guns, and I see some guy breaking out a carbine from a backpack...
    Right? That would look like premeditation to me, not a reactionary CCWer.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by obnepec View Post
    Have you made any video's or have discussions on concealed carry weapons above the level/reach of a pistol? Specifically I am thinking an AR15 "pistol" with a folding stock and a short barrel. With the short barrel I would think 300 blackout over 5.56 and as it is classified as a "pistol" it is legal for concealed carry on your person, such as a backpack, wherever you are otherwise allowed to carry a pistol. In a situation like this having a pistol on your would be good but the ability to move from that to a braced "pistol" in a rifle caliber would seem like a good option if you had the time. Yes, I do remember your other discussion about not being shot by the good guys when they arrive and yes, this would probably increase the likelihood of that, but increase your probability of surviving until the good guys do eventually arrive.
    yEP...good luck with that. Really.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    The likelihood of me carrying around a backpack with an AR pistol or some other variant is extraordinarily unlikely in my every day life. If I lived in an area that required me to do that I'd move.
    10-15 years ago I would have said the same thing about carrying a pistol. As seen by several of the attacks fairly recently the bad guys understand that between a pistol and a rifle the only advantage to the pistol is the ability to be concealed easily. If I was going to end up in a situation where the other guy had a rifle and I at least had the time to deploy mine, I would prefer to have the rifle in that situation.

10-15 years ago I would have said the same thing about carrying a pistol. As seen by several of the attacks fairly recently the bad guys understand that between a pistol and a rifle the only advantage to the pistol is the ability to be concealed easily. If I was going to end up in a situation where the other guy had a rifle and I at least had the time to deploy mine, I would prefer to have the rifle in that situation.
    Then YOU should carry your rifle every place you go because you just never know.
    Gabriel Suarez

Even when we have to carry a concealed SBR on special details, its a pain in the ass and depending on the locale it will make you stand out. Lastly there are many stores that will not allow backpacks inside, asking you to leave them at the desk, or return them to your vehicle.

Even those that dont will have loss protection breathing down your neck as it is "out of the norm"
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Then I would say there are 2 differences between us. 1). 10-15 years ago I still knew that there was evil in the world and that I would be prepared for it, and 2). I have far more confidence in my pistol skill set and tactics than you do.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

And to keep me from an early death by exasperation, lets please not get into the rifle v pistol thing...again... Some people do not know what they do not know and have no intention of listening to those who do.
    That is the way the world is...accept it and move on.
    Gabriel Suarez

Pistols work, you just have to know what you are doing. I am not the best pistolero in the world but I can definetly handle my own. It’s about tactics and what you are prepared to do. If you are not confident in your abilities you have already been defeated. Work harder....

This is really a great discussion, and is inspiring in reinforcing the fundamental thought that you should be thankful that you are the kind of person that will chose to engage when confronted by a situation such as this, and that your ability to succeed and even survive once you do engage is dependent upon how well trained and well equipped you chose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by wcprentice9979 View Post
    This is really a great discussion, and is inspiring in reinforcing the fundamental thought that you should be thankful that you are the kind of person that will chose to engage when confronted by a situation such as this, and that your ability to succeed and even survive once you do engage is dependent upon how well trained and well equipped you chose to be.
    read and consider

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ing+confidence
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time