Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Instead of all of this contrived stuff I'd I would likely be trying to help whomever I could assuming all the bad guys are dead and more good guys haven't shown up. I would be the first good guy there waiting for more good guys. I don't understand this sudden fear when there are tons and tons of events showing that killing the terrorist/active shooter isn't a problem.
    Neither do I. And what is worse...I am beginning to not care.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Edelweiss, Kenya is a former British Colony. Thus British military is there at times helping train Kenyan Military. This guy was there as part of the British Military doing their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    As I recall...the SAS killed a terrorist hiding among the victims at Princess Gate. Great perspective I had forgotten about.

That’s part of the dirty wall / clean wall when the shooting stops, and is covered in depth for responding teams

In other news, his holster is one of the first iterations Safariland did to hold RDS pistols , I have two of them. Safariland has since improved the design and I have two of those as well ( one further customized by me to properly hold my 19x with light ). Proof yet again that RDS pistol are becoming mainstream among folks likely to get their hands dirty.

Putting the locals on the outside is smart, anyone but me inside with a gun is likely hostile, and I don’t want to get smoked by a good guy that’s jumpy, I know my skill set and may know theirs ...... and that might be why I WANT them outside.

Lastly, my understanding is that he was assigned a “training” mission to teach local SOF , though the truth may be very different.
    Last edited by coastalcop; 01-22-2019 at 04:56 AM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Just ran across a couple pictures of the dead bad guys. All of them appear to have been shot in the head.
    Just figured that was a point some here would like to know.
    I saw a report that most if not all were shot in the head. I would say that this is as much from tactics as marksmanship. I would assume that he did what I would do and not announce himself to the dance with high volume of fire but take specific shots, from cover or ambush as he slowly rolled through the scene.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I saw a report that most if not all were shot in the head. I would say that this is as much from tactics as marksmanship. I would assume that he did what I would do and not announce himself to the dance with high volume of fire but take specific shots, from cover or ambush as he slowly rolled through the scene.
    That’s what I read as well.
    On tactics, as a lone operator, head shots from cover/ concealment make more sense than rushing into a gunfight. The fact that he was running a suppressed rifle making it even harder to determine his location probably made it that much easier.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    That’s what I read as well.
    On tactics, as a lone operator, head shots from cover/ concealment make more sense than rushing into a gunfight. The fact that he was running a suppressed rifle making it even harder to determine his location probably made it that much easier.
    Especially if he used distance to his advantage. Given that for our purposes and likely equipment being a side arm proper tactics will become even more important as you will need to close the distance before introducing yourself.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Default concealed carry other than pistol?

Looking at the area of having what you need on you. If confronted immediately with a threat, your concealed pistol is the way to deal with the targets in front of you. Per #2 in your initial post on this thread you are not immediately threatened but "move you with care and purpose to a contact point. You would devise a hasty target engagement plan, and then ambush them without a word before they can react". Have you made any video's or have discussions on concealed carry weapons above the level/reach of a pistol? Specifically I am thinking an AR15 "pistol" with a folding stock and a short barrel. With the short barrel I would think 300 blackout over 5.56 and as it is classified as a "pistol" it is legal for concealed carry on your person, such as a backpack, wherever you are otherwise allowed to carry a pistol. In a situation like this having a pistol on your would be good but the ability to move from that to a braced "pistol" in a rifle caliber would seem like a good option if you had the time. Yes, I do remember your other discussion about not being shot by the good guys when they arrive and yes, this would probably increase the likelihood of that, but increase your probability of surviving until the good guys do eventually arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by obnepec View Post
    Looking at the area of having what you need on you. If confronted immediately with a threat, your concealed pistol is the way to deal with the targets in front of you. Per #2 in your initial post on this thread you are not immediately threatened but "move you with care and purpose to a contact point. You would devise a hasty target engagement plan, and then ambush them without a word before they can react". Have you made any video's or have discussions on concealed carry weapons above the level/reach of a pistol? Specifically I am thinking an AR15 "pistol" with a folding stock and a short barrel. With the short barrel I would think 300 blackout over 5.56 and as it is classified as a "pistol" it is legal for concealed carry on your person, such as a backpack, wherever you are otherwise allowed to carry a pistol. In a situation like this having a pistol on your would be good but the ability to move from that to a braced "pistol" in a rifle caliber would seem like a good option if you had the time. Yes, I do remember your other discussion about not being shot by the good guys when they arrive and yes, this would probably increase the likelihood of that, but increase your probability of surviving until the good guys do eventually arrive.
    The likelihood of me carrying around a backpack with an AR pistol or some other variant is extraordinarily unlikely in my every day life. If I lived in an area that required me to do that I'd move.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

So, I'm off duty and find myself miraculously in a mall and the shooting starts, and I'm moving toward the sound of the guns, and I see some guy breaking out a carbine from a backpack...
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:28

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Has anyone said how the SAS guy just happened to be in Kenya? Or how he just happened to have all his gear including loaded weapons handy in his POV, while in a foreign nation? Oh and how do we know hes SAS and now that hes been ID'd as SAS that travels with weapons and gear to foreign nations whats his military future and what are the political implications of foreign soldiers operating in sovereign nations?

What am I missing? Im not saying I wouldn't be glad if he did the same things here; but Id be asking the same questions.
    From what I saw in British media reports (always fun reading!), early reports said he was in the mall, went out and geared up, and went back in. Later reports corrected to say he deployed to the scene with responding local forces. I think they identified him from pictures, as they seem pretty confident talking about his background. He supposedly has a lot of combat experience in the recent engagements.