Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    If you are going to go commit a crime, leave all technology behind.
    That has a nice ring to it bro.....even Johnny Cochrane would be proud
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Gotsta say it wif dat urban lilt
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I predict you may also one day need more than leaving it behind. Someday, just having an absent period of time where your electronic gear is at your house, not moving, not taking/making calls/texts, etc., and not on your body (in the case of wearable tech), then youíll have to explain why, especially if this is rare for you.

If you wear it all the time, youíll need a pattern where you spend half days or so without it and this is ďnormal.Ē Or youíll need to hire somebody to stay at your home, walking around with you gear on their person as a live electronic alibi.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    We were just looking for a cheap heart rate monitor watch that didn’t transmit anything. Just optical HR monitoring, no wireless anything. It’s proving difficult to find.

I’d consider a relatively smart truly standalone watch that had some HR tracking/charting onboard, but I am seriously doubting such a thing exists.
    If you don’t mind a chest strap, I still see a lot of Polar brand HR watches that do not have gps, quite often at thrift shops for less than $10.

As to being tracked relative to a recent crime, my hobbies take me to all sorts of places and even to so called bad neighborhoods, plus I have no intentional criminal intent.

As to the hitman? He probably got too involved in his athletics, he also might be a regular on some fitness forums. I wouldn’t be surprised if he even has a Strava profile. (I’ll go read the linked article now ;) )

edit: okay, the article says no found Strava account, but did they check Garmin Connect and other tracking sites?
    Last edited by cyclist; 01-21-2019 at 07:47 PM.

GPS has never been turned on on my phone and never will.

Ive also stopped installing apps. All of them want access to all the shit on your phone. Why does any of them need to see my contacts etc.

All of this tech crap is just shiny eye candy kind of stuff. So what if you can build and order a dominos pizza on your phone while sitting on the crapper.

7M3

David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) was caught because he got a parking ticket near the scene of one of his shootings, but some distance from his home. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Berkowitz

John W in SC

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Mary 3 View Post
    GPS has never been turned on on my phone and never will.

Ive also stopped installing apps. All of them want access to all the shit on your phone. Why does any of them need to see my contacts etc.

All of this tech crap is just shiny eye candy kind of stuff. So what if you can build and order a dominos pizza on your phone while sitting on the crapper.

7M3
    It's a good start, but it doesn't do as much as you might thing it does.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/...nce-capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    That has a nice ring to it bro.....even Johnny Cochrane would be proud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mike135 View Post
    I'm fascinated by the theoretical project of what you would have to do to structure your life as if you were a top-tier criminal who had no intention of getting caught so he can enjoy his ill-gotten loot.
    Have an accomplice carry/wear and use your electronic gadgets to lay down a digital alibi. Especially if it's a low-profile digital alibi, like just moving around and making a phone call. Something that does not get you on a video camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    Have an accomplice carry/wear and use......
    An accomplice can provide a lot of things, like the testimony that puts you in prison.