Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Drifting somewhat. Been found now that diet changes your vitamin demand. Not just about sugar. I don't remember specifics but turns out that, for example, eating abc common healthy vegetable causes you to need more of xyz vitamin. The 'carnivore diet' makes the least vitamin demand on the body.

I will add that "longevity" is the goal of modern medicine. Its not my goal. My goal is fitness and vitality as long as possible. Research based on your goals. The other thing is economics. There are cultures that don't eat much meat, not because they avoid it on purpose, but simply because they can't afford it.

Want to be strong, muscular, have good body chemistry, hormonal mix, etc., into your seventies and eighties? Not going to get that avoiding meat.

Said what I am going to say.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The comment was made earlier that there is a lot about diet and nutrition that is misunderstood. One reason is that there is an agenda there, and has been since scientists and nutritionists first introduced the food pyramid trying to push Americans away from higher protein diets and direct them to grain based foods. With that, the question arises whether there is a direct link between the increase of Type 2 Diabetes in older Americans and that grain/carbohydrate based diet. Don't think for a moment that scientist and those who publish these studies don't have an agenda in mind and are above distorting the facts to achieve it.

Secondly, as Gabe points out, there is much, much more to diet, fitness and health, which - barring the unforeseen - leads to longevity worth living (read physically and mentally health), than just what you eat.

The point is, every body - yours mine and the guy next door's body - is different. That starts with simple genetics and body type. On an individual level, we each need to each find that particular nutritional combination that best suits us individually.

You want proof? Compare the nutritional intakes of world class athletes of a given sport, say Rugby for instance, and see how varied they are. They have team doctors and nutritionists constantly testing them and tailoring their individual diets.

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    The point is, every body - yours mine and the guy next door's body - is different. That starts with simple genetics and body type. On an individual level, we each need to each find that particular nutritional combination that best suits us individually.

You want proof? Compare the nutritional intakes of world class athletes of a given sport, say Rugby for instance, and see how varied they are. They have team doctors and nutritionists constantly testing them and tailoring their individual diets.
    Well...yes and no. When somebody says we are all different it usually turns into a license to disregard anything in terms of advice and go eat w-t-f you want. Some people may need more of one thing and less of another but there are constants. I suspect if you did go and study the diets of the top humans in terms of body composition, you would see far more similarities than differences.

1). Being fat is never a good thing.
    2). Being frail and thin is never a good thing either.
    3). Veganism is not correct for humans.
    4). We are intended and designed to subsist on animal protein.
    5). Foods other than animal proteins are supplemental.
    6). Sugar is poison.
    7). Vitality is more important than longevity.

At the end of the day, you people can eat w-t-f you want. I really could not care less. What do I eat? I eat meat, fat and green stuff that comes out of the ground. Meat and animal proteins are the focus of every meal. Anything else is supplemental. Starches are added as needed for additional energy. I avoid sugar, soy, and packaged foods like they were scrotum-emptying poisons.

I walk the story I tell. Feel free to do likewise or ignore everything I say.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

One thing most of these studies on diets, any diet, leave out is activity level. Id bet those okinawans did physical labor their whole life. You can get away with eating a less than optimal diet if your active enough. Get a better diet with the activity, even better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Warrior Skills Camp 09
    Fighting Rifle Skills
    Small Unit Tactics
    Close Range Gunfighting
    Advanced Close Range Gunfighting
    0-5 gunfighting
    Advanced AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting
    Guerilla Sniper I
    CQB: Fighting in Structures

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I walk the story I tell. Feel free to do likewise or ignore everything I say.
    Well, I can't. You keep repeating yourself.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.

I don't pretend to know all the answers, but I'm pretty sure a clean diet of mostly sweet potatoes, vegetables and fish is vastly superior to the average American fast food diet. Add in meat and dairy and it would be hard to improve on it.
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

[QUOTE=barnetmill;1930274]There are so many diets and hypotheses on the most healthy way to eat and live.
    Below is another:
    Okinawa is said to have the highest number of people 100 or older per 100,000. Researchers observe that they have a high carbohydrate diet. Sweet potato instead rice is more of a staple and the number calories consumed is not high.

highlights
    Okinawan Ratio” – 10:1 carbohydrate to protein

[QUOTE]findings, a low protein, high carbohydrate diet sets off various physiological responses that protect us from various age-related illnesses – including cancer, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease. And the Okinawan Ratio may achieve the optimal dietary balance to achieve those effects.

almost two thirds living independently until the age of 97.

free of the typical signs of cardiovascular disease

far lower rates of cancer, diabetes and dementia

They have genetic mutations(variants) that may be responsible for some of the good health.

Most do not smoke

Link to the story http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2019...s-live-so-long
    My Nonna, is of Sicilian ethncity, is a lucid and independent 96 year old and eats largely her Italin food balanced wirh a protein and vegetables. She controls portions.