Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR Set Trigger

Default AR Set Trigger

Does anyone make a set trigger for the AR (specifically the AR10 if it matters).

If no set triggers; any suggestions for a trigger that would be used on a hunting/competition rifle? Id like the low end to be less than (no more than) 2lbs preferably under 1lb with a non-set pull of say 3-4lbs.

Google is your friend.
    Here the ""“SET” mode and will fire at 1.5 to 2 pounds ""
    http://www.williamstriggers.com/page5.html
    In order to reduce the semi-auto trigger pull weight and creep specifications TO THE MAXIMUM DEGREE POSSIBLE, WTS offers a special purpose SET TRIGGER mechanism on Standard AR-15 (and AR-15 type rifles), and HK 91/93 trigger work that gives the shooter the OPTION of either:
    1. Firing the rifle in the normal semi-auto mode at Standard pull weight, OR
    2. Significantly reducing the trigger pull specifications on the NEXT shot by manually reducing the AR-15 or HK’s normal hammer/sear engagement.
    All Set trigger mechanisms are “passive” in the sense that they have no functional purpose when the rifle is being fired in the normal semi-auto mode. As a result, they have no effect on normal hammer/sear engagement or return spring pressure unless the shooter deliberately manipulates the mechanism. See “Methods of Operation” below.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

They also do HK 91/93 & CLONES that when you SET the TRIGGER the pull is 2.5-3 lbs.

In all cases they need you send them a lower or trigger to do an installation.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Thanks I was familiar with Williams, and they may end up being my fall back; but I was hoping for a drop in.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Thanks I was familiar with Williams, and they may end up being my fall back; but I was hoping for a drop in.
    On a semiauto guns coming from multiple sources including homemade, demanding to install in house is likely legal due diligence. Even SI before they will sell you glock trigger parts asks that you check a disclaimer. ADs and even FA fire from modified glock trigger systems due to mechanical failures is not unknown. Even with the inhouse installation the william system is not in ounces like a true set trigger will be on manually operated rifles. I have seen one trigger that was not a set trigger on a silhouette .22 rf rifle set so light that I could not even touch the trigger without it firing. I was told the pull wt was 1 ounce. Very hard to safely do such things with military autoloading guns.
    Maybe after you get that trigger you could take it to a very skill gunsmith that might be able to get it even lighter.

There are reasons for bolt guns.

The Geissele High speed national match trigger is a two stage but the second stage can be set as low as about 6oz. per their website. I have had this trigger for years but never tried to set it that low. https://geissele.com/hi-speed-nation...igger-set.html. The columns did not line up but you get the idea.
    1st Stage 2nd Stage Total Weight
    Service Rifle 3.2 - 5 lbs. 0.5 - 1.5 lbs. 4.5 lbs. Minimum
    DMR 2.5 - 3.6 lbs. 0.5 - 1.5 lbs. 3.0 - 5.1 lbs.
    Match Rifle 1.5 - 2.5 lbs. 6.0 - 14 oz. 1.9 - 3.4 lbs

Geissele or CMC has what you need.

Check out Wilson Combat's AR triggers. A friend has one of there single stage triggers in an AR-15 that I got to put some rounds through and it's a very nice trigger.
    ‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’ — Unknown

"Surround your self with the following things and you will lead a pretty rewarding and satisfied life, God, Family, Good Friends, Good Food, Good Beer/Wine."

What do you hope to gain with a set trigget Edel?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    What do you hope to gain with a set trigget Edel?
    I got used to the set trigger on bolt action hunting rifles. I use the "normal" trigger for routine shots, even unexpected "snap shots"; but the set feature for more precise shots, when I could take a better rested shot.

In this case, Im building a modern version of a PSG1 on a AR10, so call it a PSG2000. Ill be using it to hunt, mostly from a blind (as I expect it to be F-ing heavy); but Im also thinking of it for PRS matches. For me the first shot is the most important shot of each stage. Getting a first shot hit is more important than a faster miss. After the first shot Ill use the normal trigger for the rest of the stage.