Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Glock Brace

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I already have an SI purchased brace and an RMR that I am setting up as a PDW. I just sent in an order for some magazines to you for the used G22 that I picked up. I have no use for that other kit lol.
    I was referring to the guys that waxed enthusiastically over it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Ever since joining WT and started training with Gabe and SI (Payne was the very 1st !), I learned along time ago while many folks getting their one-eye willy all waxed up for the latest wonder-all-can-do-it item to the market that I'll let the beta testers get their frills. And then only with SI's own conclusion will I decide to acquire such items. If Gabe & SI concludes its crap, it's them to move on. But always remember to support SI as this allows such conclusions to foster.

I do like the extra fastening to the frame for security, but dislike it too.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Can we all agree at least, that movement in the field is a good thing? Without movement, we wouldn't have the braced Glock PDW at all. Without movement we wouldn't have the RMRd Glock. Hell without movement, flintlocks wouldn't have replaced matchlocks or arrows replacing hand thrown rocks. As for the RMRd Glock, I remember when Gabe first displayed a prototype Glock with a Aimpoint T1, and look how far we've come from that. I remember the original Glock stock built on the ENDO adapter and with a M4 stock and it was here on WT that the Glock brace was reveled. I remember when Gabe first discussed the AR pistol, long before any armbrace. I also remember who first suggested the "Other" shotgun that would later become the Stakeout. That concept was originally questioned and laughed at and all but ignored AND look where it is now.

THIS newest design may not be the perfect brace (IDK); but I do like that its continuing movement in the field. If it fails to sell because the market isn't there, then it wont matter. IF it takes off like the Shockwave Blade and so many other of the new braces which have all but replaced the original "SIG" Brace, then we'll likely see more movement.

Gabe refined his original concept of the Aimpoint on the Glock, to the Trijicon with suppressor sights. If THIS one becomes an economic success, then Im sure Gabe and the SI guys will refine it and offer a Suarez approved version with appropriate gear and training.

How many of you guys are still fighting with a Flintlock? You cant embrace the braced pistol without embracing the technological and intellectual movement...….

As for THIS one, well its more compact and thinner than the Endo/Glock. Conversely, it does NOT appear to be long enough to be shouldered. It gives up the fourth point of contact for greater concealment potential (much like we discussed when shouldering an armbrace was forbidden). As for their claim that its concealable and holster-able, well I doubt that many will choose to carry in that style; but it is an advance in making the braced pistol smaller. Im not sure I see an advantage in the spring activation of the brace. Finally its pricey and that will limit its sales potential. Im not suggesting anyone ditch Gabes PDW kit, I think there are plenty of reasons to stick with that, at least not until Gabe and the boyz give their approved upgrades for the WT family

IDK maybe this is stupid...
    Last edited by EDELWEISS; 01-19-2019 at 07:31 AM.

I think my new policy is going to be to stay out of most of these discussions. I am realizing that perhaps nobody is paying attention any more.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

They choose the wrong target. Instead of trying to make something that can be holstered, forgetting how much movement that would restrict and how dumb it is, they should have focused on something that would have packed smaller and thinner then the PDW brace but was stable, shoulderable and could facilitate the use of a safety. THAT would have been an advancement. This is at best an iterative step towards something better. Something like the SBPDW brace but for a Glock would be an advancement.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    ...step towards something better....
    EXACTLY. Holster carry with the current design would be silly and yet it does appear to be thin, which I think is a good step forward. As for being able to be packed smaller, I think it does that; but as you say without shoulder capability it lacks the stability of the current Endo Brace parts. Back when "shouldering" was forbidden we used the cheek hold as a best option, even though it wasn't the best. Currently the Glock PDW offers the best stability. The Flux makes a smaller package. Even if you give up the notion of holstering, it makes a smaller package. Smaller and less stable, Hmmmmm IDK? But I stand by my statement of movement in the concept being a good thing.

What I see here reminds me of the M3A1 collapsing stock: it doesn't fit flush with the backstrap and appears to interfere with the shooter's forearm when collapsed.
    It's a half measure. When a compact, fully-fledged, telescoping, flush fitting, solid version is developed, I'll buy it.

Here.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

359. And a wakeup.