Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLF220 View Post
    Is there a point when you need to back off? Yes. As you get older you will not be able to keep making gains. At some point, and it’s different for everyone, you will need to back off and exercise to maintain what you have for as long as possible. I’ve never squatted 700 pounds, but I’ve done 500. Those days are over, and I’m only 5 years older than you are. My joints can’t take the super heavy weights anymore. I certainly don’t want to end up like ronnie Coleman. I can still move around pretty good weight, especially for guys in my age group. But my days of 400 pound bench 500 squat and 600 deadlifts are behind me. Now I focus on keeping my strength and mobility up, and focus on not getting injured, because the older you get the easier it gets to get f*cked up.
    Out of curiosity, what happened to Ronnie Coleman?

He’s had multiple surgeries on his back and neck. He basically had to learn to walk again. And last I heard his health was failing him. I read that he may be wheelchair bound for the rest of his life. He worked his body so hard to be the mr. Olympia, but I’m guessing he may have some regrets now. At only 54 years old he has a rough road ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF220 View Post
    I can still move around pretty good weight, especially for guys in my age group. But my days of 400 pound bench 500 squat and 600 deadlifts are behind me. Now I focus on keeping my strength and mobility up, and focus on not getting injured, because the older you get the easier it gets to get f*cked up.
    Never got near those numbers, but this is the simple, and painful, truth.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 10. And a wakeup.