Default Removing sugar from your diet can ‘starve’ cancer cells

Cancer’s Fuel – Sugar

Dr. Otto Warburg along with other health experts have been talking about how cancer loves sugar since the 1920s. Surprisingly many doctors don’t tell their cancer patients that as long as they continue to eat processed foods full of the stuff, they will likely have a more difficult time fighting this disease.

The German physiologist, leading biochemist, medical doctor, and Nobel laureate was convinced that you could starve cancer right out of the body. While it may not always be that easy, this is something that could significantly change the game.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Cancer’s Fuel – Sugar

Dr. Otto Warburg along with other health experts have been talking about how cancer loves sugar since the 1920s. Surprisingly many doctors don’t tell their cancer patients that as long as they continue to eat processed foods full of the stuff, they will likely have a more difficult time fighting this disease.

The German physiologist, leading biochemist, medical doctor, and Nobel laureate was convinced that you could starve cancer right out of the body. While it may not always be that easy, this is something that could significantly change the game.
    Just off the top of my head there is metabolic difference between many cancer cells and those of normal tissues. A quick google and this scheme shows that cancers cells handle glucose (sugar differently). https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig1_266086485 When one used to measure cell respiration in a class room experiment a Warburg apparatus was used. This likely is where some of the first insights into cell respiration came from.

Highly refined sucrose which is fructose and glucose have only become common components of the common man's diet recently. Not sure how starches play into this that have been a major part of the diet since farming began in the upper paleolithic times. This morning I went to our men's group coffee hour and many order very sweet sugar snack like things off the breakfast menu. I am the thinnest one of the bunch and I do need to loose a few lbs. By the way I am not eating anything during the morning hours.

Metabolic differences between normal and cancer cells are shown. In normal cells, glucose is metabolized to pyruvate, which is completely oxidized to CO2 through the TCA cycle and the oxidative phosphorylation process in the mitochondria. Only if O2 is limited, pyruvate is metabolized to lactate. Cancer cells convert most glucose to lactate regardless of the availability of O2 (the Warburg effect). Secretion of lactate favors tumor progression. The increased glucose utilization through glycolytic pathway generates metabolic intermediates such as glucose-6-phosphate, which is used for the synthesis of nucleic acids through the pentose phosphate pathway. Glutamate produced during glutaminolysis serves as the major substrate to refuel the TCA cycle. Citrate-derived acetyl CoA is used for lipid production. The increased synthesis of nucleic acid and lipids promote proliferation and growth of cancer cells.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Interesting article, my understanding of it is the more glucose exposure the body has the more it shifts metabolism in the direction and that direction of glucose metabolism is much more cancer prone.

I'm not sure if it's commonly recommended in the US but there is a decent amount of medical literature advising ketogenic diets in advanced cases of cancer to control/reduce growth. However, ketogenic diets are recommended for Type II diabetes.

Alzheimer's is starting to be view as Type III diabetes:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/

Very interesting read......

I've been battling stage 3 cancer since October 2018 and overall I have lived a fitness lifestyle with low sugar intake since age 35, I'm now age 50.... I will continue.

Prior fitness has helped me fight this and helped in my recovering from surgery faster, however I've received so much poison (chemo) into my blood stream it's taken it's toll.

It seems cancer feeds on nutrition intake. I suppose that's the purpose in Chemotherapy, to poison the cells rather than feed them nutrition. Too much to say about it all, but I'm making a comeback and have returned to a limited work schedule with a modified ballistic vest. Medical retirement was never an option, I'm far from finished !

My treatments are nearly over and I'm committed to returning stronger than before. Mentally I am for sure, physically I'm taking it one step at a time.

My oncologist never discussed my diet regarding sugar. I'd tend to agree with the article.

Guys get checked regularly, cancer can show up without realizing it, it did with me and a switch was flipped on my life...
    Last edited by millergun; 06-11-2019 at 04:48 AM.

It was either Warburg or Pauling who won a Nobel Prize for finding out that cancer needs an acidic, oxygen deprived environment. It can't grow in an alkalized, oxygenated environment. I wish I know all the health information I've gained in the last 30 years in the industry. My mom died of cancer when I was 18, and she had it for 15 years. They'd give her 6 months, she'd tell the doctors to go to hell. Time and time again this went on for years and years. If I knew then what I know now, she'd most likely still be alive. Kills me every time I think about it.
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Gents,

I have been dealing with a blood cancer Polycythemia Vera PV) for 15 years for the past two it has been morphing into Myleo Fibrosis (MF)
    Now before I claim any cure the oncology doc said it could go full blown MF in a month, a couple of years or just show early signs and stop.
    I did some research on mushrooms and found good info on cancer if not cures, stopping progression.

I have major mobility issues but I can get to most places on the farm with my quad.

These are the mushooms that I pick, dehydrate then soak in rot gut vodka for a couple of months:

Turkeytail
    Chaga
    Lion's Main
    Reshi
    Birch Polypore

I mix these booze extracted mushrooms into one 5 mushroom cure-all jar I started doing this about two years ago. I have a shot every morning and one at night if I remember. This is medicine you can't just slug it back like doubles before last call at the bar. For what it is worth the MF has remained stagnant. I first put my faith into God, but I think He may have showed me this.

There is a website called Learnyourland.com The guy who runs it and does the videos on identifying the mushrooms and making the extracts is Adam Harington (sp) He seems in touch with his feminine side, but he is a genius with this info. He does many YouTube videos on the subject.

I also do mega dose vitamin C 8K-10K You have to work your way up as it will give you the runs if you just start taking that amount.

I also try to take a teaspoon of baking soda water a couple of times per day.

I will always believe that Jesus is the Divine Physician; I also believe He put the cures here for our benefit.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    These are the mushrooms that I pick, dehydrate then soak in rot gut vodka for a couple of months:

Turkeytail
    Chaga
    Lion's Main
    Reshi
    Birch Polypore

I mix these booze extracted mushrooms into one 5 mushroom cure-all jar I started doing this about two years ago. I have a shot every morning and one at night if I remember. This is medicine you can't just slug it back like doubles before last call at the bar. For what it is worth the MF has remained stagnant. I first put my faith into God, but I think He may have showed me this.

I will always believe that Jesus is the Divine Physician; I also believe He put the cures here for our benefit.

Choirboy
    Roger that, but it takes major cojones to drink that stuff daily daily!
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 10. And a wakeup.

A company called Host Defense makes concentrated extracts of all those mushrooms. Might be easier and more effective to take those. This is one of their combo products:

https://mysupplementrd.com/product/m...immune-health/

Immune Builder by Mushroom Science is another great product.

Just an overview, how I would handle cancer issues...

Cut out all sugars, including fruits (occasional blueberries, strawberries, black berries or raspberries are ok, as are lime or lemon). I'd definitely be taking plenty of minerals in spring water (only spring water) such as ConcenTrace by Trace Mineral Research. Gotta alkalinize! Lots of good veggies - celery, broccoli, squash, lots of fresh mixed greens...low carb veggies.

I'd be using a super high quality whole food vitamin such as the MyKind or Raw Vitamin Code blends from Garden of Life or the Men's Vitamin from Synergy (called Pure Radiance C). I'd be taking large doses of real, raw, whole Vitamin C (not that ascorbic acid nonsense - ascobic acid is only the anti-oxidant shell of the whole vitamin C molecule...taking ascorbic acid when you need vitamin C is like asking a friend to borrow his car and he gives you his spare tire). Synergy makes a great Vitamin C powder from whole fruits and vegetables, so does Garden of Life and Megafood. It'll be hard to get too much raw vitamin C to induce the runs - that really only happens with too much ascorbic acid.

I'd also be taking Cell Food and hydrogen peroxide in water to up my oxygen intake and to help oxygenate my body, along with deep breathing of fresh air. A hyperbaric chamber treatment regularly would also be very beneficial - flood the body with oxygen and kill the cancer. Also, selenium and germanium (in the form of bis-carboxyethyl-sesquioxide-132 or Ge-132 for short - this form ONLY!). That helps the body absorb and utilize oxygen.

Garlic and chlorella are good to take as well.

Absolutely no grains, wheat especially not. Stevia only as a sweetener. Absolutely no hydrogenated fats or bad oils. Coconut oil is good, as is palm oil, lard, duck fat, avocado oil and grass fed butter (I particularly am fond of Kerry Gold butter). I'd be taking plenty of Omega-3 oils - shooting for 1,000+mg of EPA and DHA each daily. Cod Liver Oil is even better (I use either Minami or Nordic Naturals). For salt I'd only use Redmond Real Salt or Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt.

All food should be organic. Eggs should have orange yolks, not yellow. Pete and Gerry's is a really good brand. Milk thistle and ALA will help the liver to detox, which is helpful.

Those are most of the major guidelines for anyone dealing with cancer. Over the years I've advised customers on how to deal with cancer. Some of them were on their death bed or given just weeks to live and they made these changes and went on to live for years beyond anything the doctors predicted. Yeah, some doctors threatened to report me to the FDA for "practicing medicine without a license". I told them to go fuck their own mothers and die. The FDA isn't smart enough to wipe their own asses and are owned by the drug companies. Miraculously, the FDA never bothered me at the store, though I did see a few agents sniffing around a few times. Fuck 'em!
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Modern medicine is a wondrous thing, but like most things, it becomes affected by profit motivation rather than results motivation. Buyer beware in other words.

That said...the proper diet will protect most people from most modern diseases.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'm receiving my final chemo injection now.........

I was given information here today for an online course called the "Cancer Fighting Kitchen". Sugar is to be avoided....

I had stated here a few days ago that I wasn't told to avoid sugar or follow a diet by my Oncologist. Today I was told that once I recover from this treatment they encourage me to join the online kitchen and take it seriously....... So I will.....