Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    HST is in my 340PD, reloads are Critical Defense (wadcutters/wadcutter derivatives suck on reloads)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    HST is in my 340PD, reloads are Critical Defense (wadcutters/wadcutter derivatives suck on reloads)

Completely flat noses as on the wadcutter for reloads are much slower to get into chambers. Unlike the super small .32 seacamp, if your snubnose .38 has single action capacity and is a quality gun a three inch group at 25 yards is within it capability. But, most people use such guns at close range, double action and fire into the torso. Some will even fire them through a coat or trouser pocket. Hence the use of the reverse wadcutter reloads.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Completely flat noses as on the wadcutter for reloads are much slower to get into chambers. Unlike the super small .32 seacamp, if your snubnose .38 has single action capacity and is a quality gun a three inch group at 25 yards is within it capability. But, most people use such guns at close range, double action and fire into the torso. Some will even fire them through a coat or trouser pocket. Hence the use of the reverse wadcutter reloads.
    ... Correct.

Fairly new to the Snubby game. When I carry my 442, is is loaded with the HST 130gr +P. Reloads are Winchester PDX1 130gr +P Defenders.
    ...Knowing is often a Barrier to Learning...

I run the +p HST Micros in my 640. Not too snappy with a 22 oz snub.
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Here's some old-school / new-school show & tell:
    20190217_163618.jpg

Top left is the ORIGINAL Scorpion Hydra-Shock 146 gr lead standard pressure 38 SPL. It was a huge step forward from the inverted HBWC. Note that wicked awesome center post. Very accurate, super expansion.

Below left is what I consider to be the CURRENT state of the art in snub performance, the Federal 130 gr HST 38 SPL +P.

To the right is what I carried during the interim, most recently Speer 38 SPL +P 125 gr GDHP.

Specialty loads that I have carried - for different reasons - include the original Glaser Safety Slug BLUE 38 SPL +P, and below that, the original S&W (yes, S&W) NYCLAD 38 SPL standard pressure.

While I consider myself adequately armed with any of them, my current choice is HST.

Reloads are still GDHP, for reasons already stated.
    Last edited by 62-10; 02-17-2019 at 08:08 PM.

The hst’s look like some nasty motherfers.

Hydra Shok. Glaser. Nyclad.

Greatest hits of the 70's.

Now where's that 2" Combat Masterpiece?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 4, 16. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Hydra Shok. Glaser. Nyclad.

Greatest hits of the 70's.

Now where's that 2" Combat Masterpiece?
    Ha! That is a classic, for sure. But what about the 2" Model 12? That's one I missed out on. We had some 2" K-frames when I was an MP Investigator back in the 1970s, but I can't remember if they were aluminum.

FWIW, I still have a very nice Model 19 snubbie (and a few Glaser rounds) for nostalgia's sake, but at 19 ounces the Model 12 would have made a sweet carry gun back in the day.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    Ha! That is a classic, for sure. But what about the 2" Model 12? That's one I missed out on. We had some 2" K-frames when I was an MP Investigator back in the 1970s, but I can't remember if they were aluminum.

FWIW, I still have a very nice Model 19 snubbie (and a few Glaser rounds) for nostalgia's sake, but at 19 ounces the Model 12 would have made a sweet carry gun back in the day.
    Regret that Smith never brought back the Model 12 as a +P rated retro gun.

12a.jpg

I have a 2" model 10 but it is a boat anchor.
    Last edited by Papa; 02-18-2019 at 06:21 PM. Reason: 'Cause I like pictures.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 4, 16. And a wakeup.