Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I am out of town during the session unfortunately. Should be a great class. Hate having to miss.
    Deus , et Libertas

DPS, CRG-2, CRG-3
    Dynamics of the Kalashnikov, Advanced Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting

Only a couple days out gang. We have some great things planned that you literally won't get anywhere else so don't miss out on the experience.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Ok gang I just got the class roster, if you're not in by tomorrow you'll be out of luck.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Couldn't get off for this one. Got sent to county training on Saturday instead, 3 whole hours. At least it was taught by some .mil including the doc. But LEO (all two of us) got separated out because it was deemed unnecessary for us to know anything beyond TQs, wound packing, moving off the X and such.

Never mind the fact that any call I'm on may be 20-40 minutes from Aid or backup. Still, it was a refresher--I didn't know or had forgotten that a CAT is a one-use only item--so have a spare for practice.

Next time I'll be ronin, and get to do it right.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 10. And a wakeup.

Re: the CAT being a one time use product. I didn't know that. Did they explain why it's a one timer ?? mike

1. If used in the field, it's gonna get stuff on it, and the windlass is gonna get screwed down tight. And conditions allowing, you'll Sharpie the time onto the white retaining tab.
    2. Repeated practice use frays the band, and makes it harder to deploy one-handed and to thread through the D-ring.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 10. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    1. If used in the field, it's gonna get stuff on it, and the windlass is gonna get screwed down tight. And conditions allowing, you'll Sharpie the time onto the white retaining tab.
    2. Repeated practice use frays the band, and makes it harder to deploy one-handed and to thread through the D-ring.
    Learned something today ! Thanks ! mike

If you use it in the field, it is gone anyway - the EMTs take it to the hospital with the patient and even if you are going there for some reason, too, you will not care about getting your (possibly icky and written on) TQ back and neither will anyone else.
    So that is self-correcting ;)

The big thing to avoid is constant training use which stretches and frays the band and puts a lot of stress on the plastic (for CATs) windlass. You don't want to have the windlass break the one time you use it for real.
    Have a training TQ and a "real" one.

If you dont have pristine TQs for real use and practice TQs to train with you're being cheap and stupid. This is life saving equipment that's inexpensive. Dont risk your life to save 20 bucks.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual