Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I have a 338 lapua that I have shot with and without a break, the difference is about 3 times as much. It would hurt, so if guys are saying that itís only a perseption they donít really know what they are talking about. With a heavy barrel(mean varmit barrel), you can sit behind a 308 for a couple hundred rounds comfortably. Anything in a magnum I would bet to say a break will not only make you a better shooter, you can actually put the rounds down needed to learn your bullet drop and be proficient in shooting it. Just like red dots on pistols, the break can be used as a tool.

Thanks!
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I have a 338 lapua that I have shot with and without a break, the difference is about 3 times as much. It would hurt, so if guys are saying that itís only a perseption they donít really know what they are talking about. With a heavy barrel(mean varmit barrel), you can sit behind a 308 for a couple hundred rounds comfortably. Anything in a magnum I would bet to say a break will not only make you a better shooter, you can actually put the rounds down needed to learn your bullet drop and be proficient in shooting it. Just like red dots on pistols, the break can be used as a tool.
    This.

With my Surefire brake, my SR25 ACC MLOK gun (a hair over 7# without optic) ran about like a 10.3" 5.56 gun with a FH on it. No recoil at all hardly. Here is me, tapping away, all hits were on target. Note how little the gun moves/moves me, and how "meh" my biomechanics were on that run: