Default International travel question

Good day gents. A few friends and I are sailing from NC down to Florida and then across to the Bahamas this month. We will be leaving the boat moored there flying back to the US. We want to take pistols and if possible a shotgun and or AR. Does anyone have experience traveling in this type of situation or can you steer me towards some sources of info? Iíve found the info I need for traveling in US waters, and I know we have to declare our firearms once in the Bahamas but they must remain under lock and key on the boat. I specifically need to know about getting firearms off the boat in the Bahamas and flying them back to the US. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgiii View Post
    Good day gents. A few friends and I are sailing from NC down to Florida and then across to the Bahamas this month. We will be leaving the boat moored there flying back to the US. We want to take pistols and if possible a shotgun and or AR. Does anyone have experience traveling in this type of situation or can you steer me towards some sources of info? Iíve found the info I need for traveling in US waters, and I know we have to declare our firearms once in the Bahamas but they must remain under lock and key on the boat. I specifically need to know about getting firearms off the boat in the Bahamas and flying them back to the US. Any help would be appreciated.
    Email the U.S. Embasy in Nassau and ask. Whatever they say, print that out and take it with you. Thatíll help a little if you get in a jam.

Thank you. Excellent idea.

Please tell us the answer. I would like to know that one!!!
    Don't be scared be prepared!

If guns were outlaw only outlaws will have guns - NRA

Nothing happens until it happens!

Si vis pacem para bellum

If traveling to the Bahamas by boat you are permitted to have pistols or shotguns only on your boat. They must be declared when clearing customs and left on your boat secured under lock and key. Since I was flying back and the boat was staying there I decided to not take any firearms. If we were sailing the boat back I would have definitely taken firearms.