Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
    Strong is being able to bench press
    225 lbs over 20 times. My mark I personally hit was 26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not if you weigh 300#. It's all about perspective, at 155# I was benching 305 for multiple sets of 5 reps. Does that make me weak?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Nice, but, once again, its all relative. If you weigh 150lbs, that's good, at 220, not so great, still, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Not if you weigh 300#. It's all about perspective, at 155# I was benching 305 for multiple sets of 5 reps. Does that make me weak?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    It's all about perspective, at 155# I was benching 305 for multiple sets of 5 reps.
    Holy crap. I realize that your arms are only about eight inches long, but that's still a ridiculous sum of weight. Good on you.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    Nice, but, once again, its all relative. If you weigh 150lbs, that's good, at 220, not so great, still, nice job.
    On a serious note, bingo. Bodyweight exercises are all based around your actual body weight. If your 250 pounds, in my opinion it would be hard to get a two times body weight bench press without a lifelong commitment and years of training. Even with that, naturally it would be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Holy crap. I realize that your arms are only about eight inches long, but that's still a ridiculous sum of weight. Good on you.
    It really is. Makes me feel bad about my 300 pound benchpress that I was so proud of at a 250 pound body weight.

Bench press is A way to gauge strength but 225 rep test is pretty meh in my opinion. My 225 BP max reps was 4 by the way, at 170 lbs, not proud nor ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    Bench press is A way to gauge strength but 225 rep test is pretty meh in my opinion. My 225 BP max reps was 4 by the way, at 170 lbs, not proud nor ashamed

To me, from what I've seen, and from what I see every time I go to the gym, that's respectable. I see 1 in 10 that can do their bodyweight, so if someone can do half again their weight, and 4 times, he's good in my book.

Like mattmann said, 2X bodyweight takes year of training, and even then very few ever get it, clean. I got it easily juiced but un-equipped in my 20's @220lbs, but never did clean. Close, but no cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    Itís an NFL combine test. They average around 25 to 35 reps of 225 lbs. There are NFL players who can barely do 10 reps of 225 lbs. At 230 lbs my warm up was 225 and then working up. My max bench was 410 lbs. we did more dumbbell press We had circuits of 4 to 5 exercises usually 5 sets and max reps You would go from one to the next to the next, no stopping until every set and rep done. Pull-ups with 30 lbs vest, dips, push-ups and planks with a 45 lbs plate on back. Tire flips, ropes, sledge hammer and more. Lower body days were even worse.

We had circuits of 4 to 5 exercises usually 5 sets and max reps You would go from one to the next to the next, no stopping until every set and rep done. Pull-ups with 30 lbs vest, dips, push-ups and planks with a 45 lbs plate on back. Tire flips, ropes, sledge hammer and more. Lower body days were even worse.

Nice...that's a hell of a workout!