Default Want .300 BLK pistol, $1000 limit, what are my options?

Pretty much what the title says. I'm in the market for a .300 BLK AR pistol to replace my Yugo M92. The only one out there I'm aware of for $1000 is the SA Saint. CMMG makes a few in .300, but not sure of the quality on those. Since I know folks here will only recommend quality, what would your suggestions be? Is the Saint a good choice, or is there a hidden gem I'm overlooking?
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

I think in terms of a builder rather than a buyer. I haven't bought a complete AR rifle in about 15 years. With that bias in mind, I have developed a great liking for Aero Precision. You don't find many complete rifles from them, but you could easily buy a 'complete lower,' 'complete upper,' BCG, and charging handle, and you'd have a full gun. Doing it that way makes it easy to get the barrel length, handguards, and such that you want. Depending on your selections, it should come in right around $1k.
    Virtute et Armis

I have a very lightly used one worth more than that I'd sell you for $1000. PM me if you don't mind pre-0wned with about 200 rounds down the pipe and I'll get you some pics and details.

I also have parts for a new upper if you prefer. I have a lightly used lower to go with that too.

Doc
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

This thread is the prime reason the AR market is a dead end and why I am no longer doing anything with them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Ok... I'll try and phrase my question a different way. What are my QUALITY options for a .300 BLK pistol, within $1000? Or are you saying that there is nothing worth buying within the $1000 realm? If that's the case, (and it very well might be, I know almost nothing about what the AR market, educate me here) about how much am I looking at spending, if I want a decent, entry-level AR pistol in .300.

Is there anything wrong with the SA Saint, per se?
    Last edited by MesserMan; 01-03-2019 at 05:50 AM.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

I'll second Aero Precision as good quality for the money. Put whatever brace you prefer onto a lower, order the upper you want from AP. I have an 8" or so Blackout upper from them and the quality and accuracy are great.

If this is a "starter" Blackout pistol, you can come in right around a grand, including a good trigger and something like a Primary Arms/Holosun red dot, and have a good reliable training platform.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    Ok... I'll try and phrase my question a different way. What are my QUALITY options for a .300 BLK pistol, within $1000? Or are you saying that there is nothing worth buying within the $1000 realm? If that's the case, (and it very well might be, I know almost nothing about what the AR market, educate me here) about how much am I looking at spending, if I want a decent, entry-level AR pistol in .300.

Is there anything wrong with the SA Saint, per se?
    I believe that he is referring to two things. 1) your thinking is backwards, you're cost driven rather than driven by need/want, you should start with what it should do and how it should do it, then figure out how to afford THAT price, not set a price and figure out how you can compromise into that price level. 2) every time there is a discussion concerning ARs someone within the first 3 comments is talking about buying parts and putting one together.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

For $1000? That will be difficult.

Looking at Aero Precision you could do it for 968 if you use a basic charging handle and bolt carrier group and one of their pistol lowers and uppers. That doesn't include irons and optics. I assume the lower parts kit is just a basic mil spec one so the trigger won't be anything to write home about.

I build my own because I have the mechanical ability and no one makes the sort of guns I want. For example my 16" black out has a $400 ultra match barrel and a $250 geissele ssa 2 stage trigger(I love these things).
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I believe that he is referring to two things. 1) your thinking is backwards, you're cost driven rather than driven by need/want, you should start with what it should do and how it should do it, then figure out how to afford THAT price, not set a price and figure out how you can compromise into that price level. 2) every time there is a discussion concerning ARs someone within the first 3 comments is talking about buying parts and putting one together.
    Understandable. As for what it should do, my wants here are pretty basic. A short (7" to 9" bbl), 30 caliber braced AR. I want a heavy-hitting, light, fast CQB gun, not a general purpose rifle/ carbine. Envelope of use will likely be within 10 to 50 yards. Obviously reliability is a must. Beyond that, I don't need anything special out of the gate. I'll end up adding a Law Tactical folder, a better trigger, etc. down the road, but for now, I want a basic, reliable gun that won't break the bank. The bells and whistles will come later.

I don't really want to build one, but I haven't ruled that option out either.