Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Different guns for different times for different people.

I sold my G20 and RMR'd a G29 for my "more than 9mm" gun, but I carry an iron sighted pistol during winter due to snow getting packed in the RMR several times.

The Glock 48 might make an ideal service pistol for people with small hands.
    "We should always try to do the right thing and the moral thing and the legal thing, but first we should do the SMART thing."
    --John S. Farnam
    Defense Training International

Iím in Canada, the land of 10 rounds max and no carry at all. Iíve purchased two new Glocks in the past 4 months; a 19X, mostly because so many people got their panties twisted that Glock got it backwards, and a 48 due to nostalgia. I started shooting back in the 70ís with a single stack 9mm ( an S&W model 39).
    It took about....5 rounds from the 48 to say decisively that it was my new favorite Glock. The 19 it replaced, my former favorite,...I really developed a deep attachment to it, since it was smaller than most everything else on the market. I am not a big guy, and I have small hands, so the dimensions of the grip were the only part of the 19 that could have been improved for me. Getting away a fast, accurate fist shot from the draw required a lot of attention be paid to my hand position as I gripped the weapon in the holster.

Then, along came the 48. Even smaller than the 19....not a lot, but smaller. The grip was/is PERFECT for my hand. Perfect. It falls very naturally & quite intuitively into a correct grip, and has reduced my first round from holster time significantly. The silver has grown on me; itís a bit classier. It seems to just function more smoothly in all ways.

I talked to a Glock rep about the size thing, wondering if it was deliberate or accidental, and was told that Glock HAD looked closely at the Canadian size limitations during development, since they wanted to release a pistol that was designed to hit them on the mark without any mods, since so many of their guns must be modified in some way to be compliant with Canadian law. Their plan was successful; the 48 is on-track to being the best seller the 19 was up here. I love this pistol; they will have to do something awfully impressive to get me to switch to another new model

I finally gave in to the 43X with the coming of the black slide. I now have the 43, 43X and 48. Being an old retired guy, I look for the most concealable, yet effective handgun for concealed carry in the hot Arizona climate. I got rid of a P365 in order to get the 43X. While I never experienced any problems with the P365, let's just say I always had my doubts. I really liked the size for the concealment aspect, but I find my G43 is not far behind and the 43X is not difficult for me to conceal on my 6'0", 215 frame. I have experimented with most of the new designs as they come out over the years. I always find myself gravitating back to the Glocks. Next will be a Gen 5 19 with all the proper parts to take advantage of Gabe's RMR magic. I still have my old Gen 3 19 in stock form as well.

I own a 43, and a 48, and have settled on the best combo being a homebrew 43X (43 slide on 48 frame).

It *does* conceal better than a 19. And I still carry a 19 the majority of the time. But for the occasions I have to ďdress upĒ the 43X wins.

I wonít pretend that it doesnít have 5 less rounds than a 19, but itís also 2 more than the Suarez 43 +2 extensions at the same length and negligible width. Which, Iíll add, Iím extremely pleased with the +2ís.

I wonít say ďthis is all you need,Ē but if itís a ďthis us all you can reasonably concealĒ situation itís a pretty good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

As an aside, I saw and got to handle a P365XL yesterday. While it is a little shorter in the slide and barrel than the 48 and very little longer than the 43X, I think either Glock fits my taste and needs better. While the P365XL has a decent trigger and the +2 capacity advantage, I don't see anything else that makes it any better than the Glocks. In addition, I think the RDS cutout for the P365XL limiting it to the Shield RDS or the new model Sig Romeo (whenever it becomes available) is another definite negative in my mind. If I determine I need an RDS, I'll send my slide to Gabe and get it cut for the RMR2. As has often been mentioned here, the Shield and J-Point sights don't meet the level of reliability and durability that I would hope to have available for the expense. I don't know how good the Romeo 2 will be, but it will have to go a long way to be equal to the Trijicon. Does anyone know if there are any plans for a +2 base plate for the 48/43X? from SI in the near future?