Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If it keeps gun stores in business, then Hallelujah. Ever since everybody and his brother bough all the black rifles they will ever want, the "concealed carry" pistols have been keeping the industry alive.

I hope they sell like ice cream in July.

Picked up a 43X and a 48 to complete my Glock 9mm collection (17,19,26 - mainly Gen 4/5). Put few hundred rounds through each this weekend.

G19 is my EDC hands down, period. I carry IWB 4 o'clock - everywhere, always.

Have tried G19 AIWB but can't make it comfortable for me, with multiple different holsters. At 5'3" and 130# it just puts to much "pressure" on my groin or rides too high when I sit down and digs into my abdomen.

I use a G43 for my daily bicycle ride. Carries well with a neoprene/nylon holster IWB 4 o'clock with just bike shorts. Used to carry G26 for biking, but was kind of clunky.

The G43X is perfect for me for biking and has replaced my G43. Really appreciate the extra capacity.

In addition, the G43X and G48 have just a bit more "girth" than the G43. I have always thought the G43 felt like holding/shooting a pancake. The G43X and G48 feel and shoot substantially better for me.

Looking to try the G48 AIWB, haven't seen any holsters yet.

Would love to find a trigger guard for the G43 to try deep concealment for NPE. Thinking of trying G43 in athletic supporter (rather than a J frame) IF I can find a way to do so safely.

The G43X and G48 are going to sell very well. Stopped by Glock at SHOT show and they were hopping...

Quote Originally Posted by LV_MD View Post
    Would love to find a trigger guard for the G43 to try deep concealment for NPE. Thinking of trying G43 in athletic supporter (rather than a J frame) IF I can find a way to do so safely...
    The only striker fired that I am personally willing to use as a 3rd nut is the Kahr P380, and certainty not as a first choice. This is where the Seecamp LWS rules, along with the Airweight spurless J not that far behind.

Looking forward to checking out the G48 just to satisfy my curiosity.

In addition, the G43X and G48 have just a bit more "girth" than the G43. I have always thought the G43 felt like holding/shooting a pancake. The G43X and G48 feel and shoot substantially better for me.
    It'll be interesting to see if Glock does a G43XK...a Glock 43, but set up to use a shortened 43X magazine instead of a true single-stack. For precisely that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post
    https://suarezinternational.com/suar...r-glock-43-48/

FYI to anyone else who has been waiting for this.
    Nice. I didn’t know that was even in development. Seems like a great idea on a 43/48.

I came to this thread a little late, but after handling a G48, and the shop having a 43X available on the blue label program, I snatched up a 43X. I have small hands, so the smaller grip was a perfect fit and the 10 round capacity, as opposed to a six round capacity, coupled with the bright slide to easily differentiate the 9mm from the 40 at a glance was what brought me to give it a try. I found that the 43X has a better trigger than the G23, so it can be shot more accurately. My first group, right out of the box, was five in a ragged hole at about 10 yards. Ain't bad for a short, fat, four eyed, bald headed old man. IMHO, the G43X is a winner, though I don't plan to part with the G23 any time soon.

Picked up a 43X and a 48 to complete my Glock 9mm collection (17,19,26 - mainly Gen 4/5).
    Still need a 34 and 17L
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I couldn't resist trying a G48 and picked one up last week. It feels good in the hand, but we all know the trade-offs in capacity from carrying a G19. For concealed carry, the width does seem to make it a bit less likely to be made, and the weight is a bit better. I tend to carry IWB at 3:00, so the width difference is more obvious than the weight to me. I took it to the range last weekend. It shot well with tight little groups at 7 and 10 yards. It opened up a bit at 15, but not much. The difference in recoil as compared to a G19 was obvious, but not punishing. I don't yet know if it will find a real niche in my carry options, but it could with the capacity being better than that of the G43. I had originally intended to get a G43X, but after thinking about it decided that the extra barrel and slide length did nothing to change the carry profile IWB and went with the G48. I've also got a G43 if I need deeper concealment.

This kind of new pistols are solutions for no problems.... there is market war between companies (like Glock, Cz, Walther) to acaparte as much they can from the market and create some niches.
    In training, service and defence I ve use only g34, 17 and 19. 17 with large backstaps added, who work best for me as all around pistol.
    “No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I knew none, and therefore am no beast.” Richard III – William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    Bwahahahaha
    ....and you don t have to train at all with this due his excelent grip who will dispate recoil directlly in the ground lilke lighting rod
    “No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I knew none, and therefore am no beast.” Richard III – William Shakespeare