Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Street Comp Installation

Ok, guys I'm not doing this to poke fun if anyone, but we have had a considerable amount of people mess up something that we thought was fairly straight forward. This is my no bullshit version of installation, so if you find yourself with issues, refer to my instructions and make sure you didn't skip anything.

- remove recoil unit and check timing so i know how close the comp can get to the slide.

- install recoil unit and hand cycle to ensure function

- remove recoil unit and comp

- cover threaded portion of barrel in included vibra-tite vc-3

- re-install comp

- put a small amount of vc-3 on the set screws, the stuff builds up like rubber and will gum up in the smaller tapped holes

- get the set screws in until they just barely stop

- install recoil unit and put the slide on the frame

- hand cycle to check timing and then tighten down the set screws

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I assume you are waiting for the VC-3 to dry before installation, as per it's instructions?
    I'm asking because your instructions read like you are using Loctite.

AND....and...make sure nobody bought a gallon of Green Loctite and then used empty Lucas Oil bottles to store it....just sayin.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    AND....and...make sure nobody bought a gallon of Green Loctite and then used empty Lucas Oil bottles to store it....just sayin.
    Ummm..... Wut?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Ummm..... Wut?
    Ahhh...I think...I dunno.

Just saying that just in case someone somewhere was thinking of doing that.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Default street comp...

Guys, I do not believe I've posted yet, but am loving the candid, informative manner in which you all help educate. It is TRULY appreciated. So, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    I assume you are waiting for the VC-3 to dry before installation, as per it's instructions?
    Actually, I do not, i screw the comp on while still wet and let it expand in the threads

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    ShopMonk
    Since VC-3 comes with the comp, I see that as SI's recommendation. Re John's comment, and out of curiosity (because I have both), are there any technically significant differences between VC-3 and Red 271 Loctite, e.g. removal temperature, torque values, cure time? Does VC-3 fall between Blue 242/243 Loctite in strength?
    T
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demosthenes View Post
    ShopMonk
    Since VC-3 comes with the comp, I see that as SI's recommendation. Re John's comment, and out of curiosity (because I have both), are there any technically significant differences between VC-3 and Red 271 Loctite, e.g. removal temperature, torque values, cure time? Does VC-3 fall between Blue 242/243 Loctite in strength?
    T
    There is a big difference between VC-3 and loctite but they both can be effective.
    Loctite acts like a glue that locks parts in place, while VC-3 stays rubbery and absorbs shock and vibration to prevent movement.
    Loctite usually requires heat and high torque to break the bond while VC-3 only requires a wrench and normal torque.

Thanks John. Sounds like VC-3 is more like Loctite Blue than Red.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)