Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default GLOCK SLIMLINE SERIES - YOU DECIDE

GLOCK-G43X-Silver-slide-in-hand.jpgGLOCK-G48-Silver-slide-in-hand.jpg

From Glock

“With the success of the Slimline series in the marketplace and over one million GLOCK 43 pistols sold in just three years, the Slimline series pistols have been tested, trusted and proven,” said GLOCK, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. “We listened to the consumers request for a GLOCK Slimline model with increased round capacity and both of these pistols deliver that flawlessly. GLOCK’s continued pursuit of perfection drives innovation while not straying from our promise of reliability and durability and that is demonstrated in the G43X and G48.”

1-c2ae1f6ebe.jpg1-4e36675eaa.jpg

This is not a bigger 43...it is a completely new model series. Magazines do not interchange with the 43 and I am not certain of the other parts.

I really am ambivalent about this. Another opportunity and market for product upgrades. I said the same about the 19X but apparently many disagree with me on that one.
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 01-02-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The only place I think the 19X shines is in uniform/duty carry and then preferably with a RDS (like the one I had y'all machine for mine). You get full hand purchase/capacity withthe grip while the shorter barrel keeps you from bottoming out the barrel/slide/bottom of holster in the seat of your squad (especially if you share a squad with the guy that kills the seat cushions) or desk making drawing from either more complex. For bigger (taller not fatter) it also allows for a drop UBL without bottoming as above, giving you more clearance between your draw and your vest/battle rattle.

Otherwise the 19 really shines (and what I carry when not working)

These...... Im looking to find an upside..... maybe CID folks due the slimmer design not printing as much on a sportcoat....... maybe
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

People (ladies) with small hands and people in capacity restricted states. I’m not interested but I can see where this makes some sense.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    People (ladies) with small hands and people in capacity restricted states. I’m not interested but I can see where this makes some sense.
    I didn't consider the capacity restrictions, you're right, that would make more sense by giving you Kahr size with a better trigger (in my opinion)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I'm checking to see if the 43 slides
    will work on the 43x and 48 frames,
    and visa verde.

That might make this a little more
    interesting, if they are compatible,
    but I don't intend to jump off the
    43 ship. I have invested time &
    money to get them to work for
    me.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

I have little bitty hands. I can make a G19 or G26 work but Iíd be interested in a G48 for an improved trigger reach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "The fundamental demand of warfare is killing.You kill your enemies until they surrender or until they're all dead".-Lt.Col Ralph Peters

I'm also ambivalent. And think Glock made a mistake. I was expecting a single-stack G19 equivalent, but they needed to keep commonality of magazines and internals with the G43, even if it cost a round.

OTOH, I can see the 43X as a P365-killer.

I'll add that if Glock were serious about "perfection", they would offer a Suarez Special line with better internals. It's cheaper to do it right the first time than to buy the gun and toss half the parts getting it set up properly.

I think there are other platforms out there with a "slim" profile that are better than glock's current offerings.

Altho, I think a manual safety on these could change my thinking of it's application.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I don't see the need for it but to each his own! AND since it is a gun and a Glock, I would take one if they wanted to give me one!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post
    I'm checking to see if the 43 slides
    will work on the 43x and 48 frames,
    and visa verde.

That might make this a little more
    interesting, if they are compatible,
    but I don't intend to jump off the
    43 ship. I have invested time &
    money to get them to work for
    me.
    They do. Tried it benchtop. No opportunity to shoot yet but all function checks were fine.